09

around 10:30am the next day was when jisung awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. he rubbed his eyes and sat up, feeling a presence beside him and remembering he'd allowed changbin to share the bed last night. he looked down at the sleeping figure beside him, seeing how the blankets moved up and down as though changbin were a living, breathing human. changbin looked really peaceful.

jisung shook his head as he grabbed his ringing phone off the bedside table, seeing that chan was calling him. he picked up. chan must be worried.

"hey chan..." jisung began, feeling a bit guilty that he hadn't checked in before.

"hey sung," chan sighed in relief at the sound of jisung's voice, "you all good? i tried to text you yesterday but you didn't respond,"

"oh. yeah i'm okay. everything's alright. i'm really sorry for scaring you like that," jisung looked over at changbin again, seeing the ghost hadn't stirred. maybe he can't be woken up by noise?

"i was..." jisung blinked at changbin's sleeping figure, knowing he'd have to come up with a lie, "i was unpacking and forgot to check my phone. i kinda forgot what happened,"

"it's all good ji. as long as you're okay," chan hummed.

"yeah. i'm actually not really sure what happened. maybe you're right. it could've just been lack of sleep?"

"well i'm glad you're all good now. have you eaten yet?"

"no," jisung glanced at changbin.

"well i'll hang up so you can go ahead and do that. eat well!"

"thanks chan, i will,"

jisung sighed as there was a beep signaling the end of the phone call. he sank back down into his pillows, really not liking having to lie to chan. chan was closer than an older brother to him and he felt absolutely awful keeping secrets from him.

beside him, changbin sat up.

"oh!" jisung jumped in shock, "i didn't wake you up, did i?"

"don't worry about it," changbin smiled, "i could sleep through anything,"

"good morning then,"

"morning," changbin stretched his arms, "i would talk about how comfortable the bed is but i can't tell,"

jisung laughed, humming as he melted into the bed.

"well it's quite comfortable if you ask me,"

"i can tell. you sleep like a rock," changbin chuckled as jisung rolled his eyes, throwing the covers off of himself.

"rude," jisung spat, climbing out of bed and making a show of dragging his feet as he walked to the bathroom, though smiling as he heard changbin laughing behind him.

•••

jisung sat at his kitchen counter, shoving a mouthful of pancake into his mouth as changbin blinked at him from the other side of the counter.

he'd gone to the store soon after waking up that morning to buy enough food that would last him about a week before he'd have to go back.

"hmm..." changbin looked up at jisung as the younger hummed, "i should probably unpack today. i told chan yesterday that i was unpacking,"

"what? why would you say that when you weren't?" changbin looked at him, obviously confused.

"well i couldnt necessary tell him i was befriending the ghost living in my house, right? he'd probably have me sent to a psych ward," jisung huffed.

"oh. yeah i guess so," changbin sighed, tracing patterns on the counter with his fingers.

jisung cringed at the tension in the air, rushing to come up with something to break the awkward silence.

"don't worry though...you'll get your second chance. i just know it. and then i can introduce you to chan without him thinking i'm absolutely insane!!"

changbin looked up with a shallow smile. because the thoughts going through his head were obviously much different than the ones going through jisung's. especially considering the warm, friendly look in jisung's crescent eyes. he could tell jisung was thinking he'd find changbin someone else to save him. but changbin didn't want someone else.

he wanted jisung.