Part 6- A Perfect Day?

Arohi's pov~

I woke up with this immense headache,  probably because of those pills they gave yesterday. Wait, what happened yesterday? The girls came over, and then Aarya called-

WAIT A MINUTE. Did he hear what Amulya said last night? I can't believe she'd do that, even in her drunk state of mind. The words "Arohi loves Aarya" kept running in my head. 'Relax, Arohi, relax' I told myself. I took deep breaths. When I finally gained consciousness, I noticed the music. 'I don't trust nobody' by Shiloh Dynasty, Tayler Prouse, Sagun, and Beatzera. The perfect song for the moment. At the far end of the room was a milkshake from Starbucks with my name on it. The perfect place for milkshakes. In front of me sat the most perfect person in the whole world, Aarya, reading my favorite book, 'The fault In Our Stars', and the perfect dog, Cherry, on my laps. I could sit and look at him all day long, but the stupid hangover was making me thirsty. I reached for the bottle of water and that's when he found out I was awake. Good morning princess. He grabbed the milkshake and handed it to me. I held it with both my hands to cover my blushing cheeks.

"Hey, I have good news for ", he said. I put down my shake to show my attention. "What is it", I asked. "Well, I'm coming with you to NYC", he said, smiling hard. It was by far the cutest smile. "You know, if I wasn't bedridden, I'd give you a hug". "Let me make it easy for you then", he said and leaned forward. I hugged him, as tightly as I could. Neither of us let go of each other. Just then, my nurse walked in. Aarya let go and jumped back. "It's not what it seemed like", he said. I couldn't hold in my laughter. "Relax, I'm her nurse, not her mother", she said with a visible grin. "Now, young man, I need you to step out for a while so I can help her change her clothes", she said sweetly. Aarya didn't wait to be told again. He took Cherry and walked out of the room. "He's a good friend", the nurse told. I looked at her. "What did u say?"

"You heard me. He's a good friend. He came here at around 5 am. He saw you shivering from a bad dream so he pulled up your blanket, held your hand, and read you a story. He cares for you" she said. I smiled. Once I was done changing, she let Aarya come in again. I sat there as he walked like a penguin instead of walking like a normal human. His whole body moves left to right and right to left. I never understood if he does it on purpose or does it come out naturally.

I moved aside to make space for him to sit on the bed. He got the idea and sat next to me. He took out his laptop, looked at me, and asked "Netflix?". "You don't have your ice cream", I said, even though I was ready to die, just to be able to watch Netflix with him. Just then Cherry, struggling on his way, made it to the top of the bed and sat in between us. "Look! Even he wants to watch it!" He was determined to convince me. "Ok fine, but just one episode ", I said. He turned on his little hotspot device and played 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'.

Now I know it was me who said, "just one episode" but by the time we were disturbed for lunch by my parents, we already made it to the middle of the third season. They brought us burgers and we all sat to continue watching together

Even at 6 pm, he sat next to me, held my hand, and read me a book so I could sleep better. But him holding my hands only gave me butterflies in my tummy, which made it all the more difficult to sleep.after an hour or so mom walked in. She told Aarya to go home and take some rest as he was looking after me since 6 in the morning. He told mom that he will leave after an hour, which made me feel relieved. I still have an hour to spend with him. 

"So listen", he said and held my hand with both of his. My heart skipped a beat. "So, if u get well by tomorrow evening, We will go to that park together where I take Cherry. And you get to take control of the leash. How does that sound", he asked. "Sounds like you have a deal", I said. The next hour was spent by mom telling him the "embarrassing stories of Arohi as a naked child: volume one". She has 8 volumes. When it was finally time for him to leave, he hugged me and told goodbye.

After he left, my mom gave me an odd smile. "What?" I asked. "You know what", she replied. I looked aside so my awkward face wasn't seen. When I looked at her from the corner of my eye, she was still giving me that look. "I'm still a teenager", I said. "And I'm your mother", she said being her sassy self. "Ugh...!" I covered myself with a blanket. She pulled it off to give me my medicines. "Better get well soon, if you want to go with Aarya tomorrow", she said, grinning as she did. "You aren't going to let this go, are you", I asked. "No way", She replied laughing.