48. Mourn

'Is he serious now?'

My mouth fell open in disbelief and surprise, but I slowly closed it. I pursed my lips together and glared at the back of Logan's head as he spoke with his personal assistant, I presume. He exchanged a few more words with her before turning around to face me. He frowned as he saw me, and my glare intensified.

"Logan Zachary Watson, you have 10 seconds to explain why I see eight bodyguards instead of one," I said displeased, pointing at them who were standing a few distances away, all wearing an emotionless face and dressed in black clothing including William.

"I don't want to take any chances."

"That's not an answer," I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"We talked about this on the way, Lia."

"Yeah we talked, but you didn't mention you hired freaking eight guards. Two guards are understandable, but this..."

"Lia, this is for your safety. I can only protect you to some extent. If those people can hide all the information about your parents' murder, then that means they are powerful enough to defeat me. I'm sure they already got the information that you're alive from Olivier and I'm not taking any risk with your life."

" I know taking you to Worcester is risky, but I can't see you breaking down. You're guilty of not visiting them and I know for a fact that it's breaking you," he whispered, cupping my face with his hands. I stared at him, astonished by how much he understood me.

"I love you so much," my voice sounding raspy with so much emotion. His eyes softened and placed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"I know, and I love you more," he mumbled against my skin.

"Come let's get inside," he said and took my hand in his large one. We climbed the steps to the entrance of the plane. The whole plane was painted in pure white color with a dark blue outline. The side of the plane was engraved in large neat writing that read: Watson Airlines

The interior of the plane was beautifully decorated with comfy leather sofas and seats. The entire jet was separated into two compartments. The first compartment has a total of twelve seats with mini-refrigerators besides it. The second compartment looked more luxurious with a neatly made sofa like a bed facing an LED TV on the left side and two leather seats facing each other with a rosewood sturdy table in between on the right side of the plane. The furniture looked plush and the color theme was beige and white.

The eight bodyguards took their seats and settled in the first two rows while Logan and I occupied the two seats in the last row. After fastening the seat belts the pilot announced the take-off which immediately made me tense. I took deep breaths as the plane started to run fast on the runway. I never liked the feeling that rises inside me during flight take-off and landing. My stomach always tickles in a weird way during this time. But this isn't the same tickling sensation I get whenever Logan kisses me. This one gives me a headache and the feeling isn't all so great.

"You okay love?" Logan asked, concerned. I offered him a small smile and nodded my head.

"Y-Yeah, just not a fan of the plane takeoffs," I said sheepishly. He cupped my face and leaned in, taking my bottom lip in his mouth. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling as he slowly massaged my lip with his. Hmm... butterflies in my tummy. Oh man, I missed that feeling. I clutched his suit jacket when I felt my stomach drop due to the takeoff. He pulled back once the turbulence was over and kissed my cheek.

"Better?"  He asked me with a smug smile. I was surprised that I didn't feel any headache this time. At that time I realized how glad I was for him to have that power to distract me from anything and everything. Man, isn't he awesome?