34. Torment

A/N: This chapter by no means is to trigger anyone in any shape, size, and form. This is a fictional story and all scenes and actions are only for entertainment purposes. Please do not take any words or thoughts seriously and act upon it.

(Third POV)

Pressing hard on the gas pedal, Logan's car raced down the streets of New York like a flash of lightning. Logan doesn't care if he's exceeding the speed limit or there's a chance he might get a ticket, all he cares about right now is get to Karolia as soon as possible. Logan's heart was thumping ten miles per second. He didn't know what happened to her and that made him worry more. Karolia told him that there were people around her and she was in a moderately safe place but that did nothing to calm Logan down. Hearing her sobs only made him push the accelerator hard.

The car screeched to a halt as soon as he saw the name EAT-OUT in big bold letters. Logan rushed out of the car as soon as he parked it on the sideway.

"Baby, I'm near you. Don't cry" Logan reassured the sobbing girl through the phone. Not once he ended the call and every second he kept on repeating soothing words to her. Remembering the location she said, 'I-I am standing n-near an outlet called eat-out', Logan ran to the spot. Logan looked around everywhere, searching for the familiar face. He notices a huddled figure beside the dumpster, body shaking hysterically as she holds onto her phone tightly. 

Oh, love! Logan walked towards the figure at a speed of light and sat on his knees in front of her before he touched her shoulder. Karolia screeched loudly, shuddering at the thought of that psycho's hand around her body, again. But relief flooded inside her as soon as she saw the familiar face that she was waiting to see for the last fifteen minutes.

"Shh, shhh, It's me, love. It's me" Logan said softly. Karolia's teary orbs met Logan's blue eyes before a sob left her lips. Karolia didn't restrain herself as she practically launched into Logan's warm body, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck and nuzzling into him. Karolia cries into his shoulder as he whispers soothing words. Logan wraps his arms around her, pulling her further into him and lays his head down on hers.

His fingers thread into the fabric of her shirt and he stills when he notices the torn and exposed area at the back of her dress. His heart races with millions of questions as he takes a look at the damage. He wanted to ask but he remained quiet. He placed his warm hand on the area to cover her exposed skin from the bitterly cold breeze.

Logan pulled her back from his embrace before he removed his leather jacket and wrapped it around her trembling figure. Silently, he picked her up in his arms and walked away from the building, towards his car. Karolia laid her head on his strong yet comfortable chest, listening to the wild drum of his heart, which weirdly comforted her.

He settled her down on the passenger seat carefully and buckled the seat belt. He pressed a feather-light kiss on her forehead, his thumb gently caressing her swollen red cheeks. He then walked to the driver's seat and started the engine within seconds. There was not a single word exchanged between both of them as the car circled around the neighborhood trying to find a calm and quiet place so that they could get some much-needed privacy.

Logan's body trembled with hot red anger at the thought of someone hurting his love. His fist craved to punch someone, but he controlled his emotions, at least for now. Karolia needs him right now. He glanced at the trembling figure before he looked away, his jaw clenched. Karolia has now become a huge part of his life that he knows he would do anything for her, even kill someone if they hurt her.

Logan stopped the car in front of an empty park and increased the heater to warm up the car, even though he knew that cold wasn't the reason for Karolia's trembling. The moonlight illuminated the empty paved pathway running the entire perimeter of the park. He stared at the greenery in front of him, clenching his jaw tightly.