chapter 10

There was then a helicopter that came by the girls, savage boy and chimp. Cherry squinted her eyes, then they widened as she realized it was Sloan and Bree. She then snarled and darted her eyes at them. Once Cherry met someone who wasn't as they seemed, she often looked down upon them and didn't want anything to do with them. Cherry turned her head to her friends.

"Cherry, what are we gonna do? The elephants are in danger, but we can't tell them!" Eliza cried.

"It kills me to say this, but your sister's right," Cherry walked over. "You shouldn't rely on your talking to animal powers get in the way of this, we'll find another way to solve this."

Eliza looked from outside the cavern and grabbed onto a vine.

"Eliza, what are you doing?" Cherry panicked.

"Come on," Eliza grabbed her arm and pulled her to a vine next to her. "I have an idea!"

"This won't end well..." Cherry moaned as she felt pain coming her way.

"Eliza, Cherry, no, they'll stomp on you!" Debbie cried.

"No they won't!" Eliza assured them.

"What if one of them sits on me?" Cherry cringed based on past experiences with elephants.

"Cherry, it's okay," Eliza told the dark-haired girl. "Elephants know when you're trying to help them."

"It's not too late to become ordinary, you two." Debbie said as the girls slid down to help the elephants.

"Eliza, I'm frightened!" Cherry cried.

"It's okay, Cherry." Eliza led her to the elephants as they tried to help them.

"Umm... Turn back! You have to go around! Please!" Cherry tried to help warn, but the elephants wouldn't listen and just trumpeted and others.

"The eclipse!" Eliza grew deeply worried and climbed on an elephant's trunk but dangled. "Oh, this is getting worse!"

"How do you think I feel, huh?" Cherry asked as she swung and twisted from an elephant's tail, swaying back and forth.

BAM!

The elephants grew scared and picked up the pace as a set of explosives scared them into going faster.

"I really should've stayed in London..." Cherry shuddered.

"I gotta think of something..."

"Eliza, use your heart instead of your brain!"

"My heart..." Eliza thought about Cherry's words.

"ELIZA!" Cherry cried as they inched closer to the electric fence.

Eliza looked back in worry and at the fence. It looked like it was coming closer by every second. The Thornberry girl pounced from elephant to elephant and got to the leader of the pack. She then took out a golden locket wrapped around her neck, yanked it off and threw it against the fence. It made it in time to sparkle the fence and stop the elephants in their tracks. The elephants calmed down and stayed away safe from fear and alarm.

"We did it, Cherry!" Eliza cheered. "Cherry?"

Cherry shook at her position and dropped herself on the ground with her eyes widened and her breathing grew shallow and wheezy.

BANG!

"Huh?" Cherry's head jerked up as she heard some bangs. "What was that bang!?"

"Oh, no!" Eliza cried as more harsh sounds filled the air. "They must be shooing!"

The helicopter came by and Sloan was on a walkie-talkie with someone else.

"They're turning around!" Sloan barked. "Start shooting!"

"But... there's two girls there..." the other voice replied.

"I don't care! Take down those elephants! I'll take care of the kids..."

"We're almost out of here, come on, Cherry." Eliza helped Cherry up on top of the leader elephant as the elephants slowly and gently turned around the other direction.

"We're almost there, you guys!" Cherry smiled, but then Sloan's rope ladder swung by and he grabbed both of the girls! "Hey, this is no way to treat a lady my age!"

"You'll regret this!" Sloan hissed.

"We don't care!" Eliza and Cherry cried.

"What you're doing is awful, you vicious, cold-blooded snake!" Cherry sneered.

"And what you're doing is stupid!" Sloan sneered at the girls. "Shame neither of you will be here to help me carry out the ivory." Sloan dropped Eliza into the running waterfall.

"ELIZA!" Cherry screamed.

"Oh, shut up, you filthy brat!" Sloan put tape on Cherry's mouth and shoved her inside the helicopter as a hostage.

Cherry muffled and her eyes stared in agape seeing Eliza fall and splash into the possibly dangerous water. The helicopter was going for the elephants by Sloan's orders and Bree following them.

"I can't reach!" Sloan called. "Bree, go lower!"

An elephant was enraged recognizing the poacher helicopter and gripped onto the rope ladder as Sloan took out his rifle. The rifle fell out and the helicopter was going unsteady. Cherry managed to get the tape off her mouth, but she slid and bounced around inside the helicopter. She screamed and fell right out, but an elephant wrapped its trunk around her, rolled it and smiled at her as she was now into safety, but it couldn't be the same for Sloan and Bree. The couple's rope broke and Sloan fell hard on the ground with Bree next to him and the helicopter crashed into a rocky cliff.

The elephant kindly let Cherry down on solid ground and let her rush over to Eliza to make sure she was okay. Debbie and Donnie came by with an African boy in a motorbike.

"Eliza!" Debbie cried out. "Cherry!"

"Eliza!" Cherry cried as Eliza was still going down the waterfall. It looked very hazardous. Even though Cherry couldn't swim she tried to follow her friend and held, but then she ran into the Shaman and stood her ground respectfully. "Shaman..." Cherry greeted.

"Ah yes, Cherry, I have heard about you." the shaman let out his stick for Eliza to grab onto and come onto dry land with him and Cherry.

"Shaman Mnyambo," Eliza spoke up once she had caught her breath. "I'm sorry. I messed up everything."

"We couldn't make them understand," Cherry added. "If Eliza hadn't broken that rule, we could've saved them."

"But you girls did save them." Shaman told them.

"We did?" Cherry tilted her head.

"See for yourselves." the man showed Cherry and Eliza the elephants were safe and sound still. "And you both did this, not with your gifts, but your hearts. If this is what you two can do without your powers, you have greater destinies than I've ever known. Cherry, you were born with your ability, I gave it to Eliza and I hoped you both could become friends, even if you can't talk about your powers."

"It's okay?" Cherry asked.

"Indeed," the shaman nodded. "I'm going to grant you both your powers back."

"You are?" Cherry asked, again.

"Really?" Eliza added.

"There is one condition I need to discuss with Eliza," the shaman walked over to the red-headed girl. "About your sister, how well do you think she can keep a secret?"