.·:*¨¨*:·.birthday.·:*¨¨*:·.

note: muichiro's and miyoshi's birthdays are the same date!

age

muichiro:13

miyoshi:12

"Come to the butterfly estate after dinner for a surprise~" was what was written on the note that had mysteriously appeared in Miyoshi's pocket. She looked at it in confusion and wondered who could have written it. It looked like Mitsuri's handwriting...

*timeskip*

After a long and exhausting afternoon of a mission which she had managed to complete, Miyoshi made her way wearily towards the butterfly estate after her dinner. As she approached the estate, she noticed Muichiro strolling to the same direction she was heading. She ran to Muichiro and said, "Muichiro-kun, are you heading to the butterfly estate as well?" Muichiro nodded and they walked towards their destination (not very eagerly).

As they entered the empty butterfly estate, the headed towards the same room. "You are going to this room too?" Miyoshi asked, visibly confused. "Well, someone told me to come here." Muichiro stated blankly. Miyoshi opened the door carefully, peeking inside.

It was empty.

"Ehhhhh, why did they ask us to come here if-" Miyoshi pouted but was interrupted by some people shouting, "SURPRISE!!!" All the hashiras jumped out of their hiding space, well, almost all except Giyuu, Sanemi and Iguro who stood awkwardly in a corner. Mitsuri started cheering, "Happy birthday guys~~~~" Miyoshi stood there, surprised. She had almost forgotten about her birthday, and once she had been reminded, the flashbacks came flooding into her mind.

*flashback*

"Happy birthday nii-san!" A 4 year old Miyoshi exclaimed and hugged Muichiro tightly, grinning widely. Muichiro returned her smile with a equally big one, saying, "Happy birthday to you too, Miyoshi! You will always be my favourite little sister!" He told her, patting her head fondly. Beside them, Yuichiro rolled his eyes and said, "Of course, you only have one younger sister!"

They laughed together happily.

"Nii-san! I am five! I am grown up now!" Miyoshi squealed, running towards Muichiro and jump-hugging him. Muichiro smiled at his sister being adorable and said, "Heheh, soon you will be strong, like your nii-san!" He said, trying to lift her up but failed pathetically, almost dropping her. Yuichiro snorted, "Well, mind explaining why your arms are so skinny?"

They laughed again, joy visible on their faces.

Over the years, they celebrated their birthdays together, as a family.

The year when Miyoshi was 10 and Muichiro was 11, they could never celebrate as a whole family again.

*flashback end*

As Miyoshi recalled the happy times she had in the past, her tears threatened to flow out. She looked at Muichiro, who was asking something like, "When was my birthday again?" She wanted more than anything for her brother to remember his past.

To remember her.

                                            .·:*¨¨*:·.end.·:*¨¨*:·.