He Likes Guys

"Congratulations to us on another job well done!" Evergreen cheered, offering up her glass for a toast. The rest of the Raijinshuu and Laxus gladly joined in. After completing their mission, they had stocked up on alcohol and took up lodgings at a nearby inn for the night.

A few drinks into their post-mission celebration, Evergreen excused herself to the restroom.

"So... who do you guys think is the hottest girl in Fairy Tail?" Laxus asked, taking advantage of her absence.

"What?" Freed asked.

"Huh... maybe Lucy?" Bickslow offered. "She does have a nice chest."

Freed's face, which had already been quite red from the alcohol, turned an even brighter shade. Bickslow's "babies" chanting, "Boobies! Boobies!" certainly didn't help the matter.

"The hottest girl in the guild. Who do you think it is?" Laxus repeated for Freed.

"What are we, middle school boys playing truth or dare?"

"Hmm... maybe Mira for me?" Laxus pondered, ignoring Freed's flustered protests. "C'mon, Freed! I'm just trying to have some fun."

"Fun! Fun!" The dolls cheered, circling the group.

"I um... don't think I can answer."

"What? Why not? I promise I won't tell Ever if you don't say her... or if you do... I'm actually not sure which would be scarier."

"What won't you tell me?" Evergreen asked, emerging from the bathroom right on cue.

"N-nothing!" Freed answered frantically.

Laxus sighed, realizing that they wouldn't be able to dodge her question forever. "We were trying to decide who the hottest girl in the guild is."

"Pigs!" Evergreen huffed. "Though I don't see why it's a debate when I am one of your options. I'm clearly the most beautiful member in Fairy Tail."

"I've never really looked at the girls in the guild like that," Freed mumbled.

"Huh? Never, really?" Laxus asked, shocked.

"It's just..." Freed took a deep breath and added, "I'm more interested in the guys."

"Are... are you gay or something?"

"Yeah... honestly, I was worried it was obvious."

"Nah."

"You're not freaked out?" He asked, looking up at the dragon slayer.

"Why would we be?"

"You're our family, Freed," Evergreen reassured him.

"Yeah!" Bickslow agreed enthusiastically as his babies cheered, "Family! Family!"

"We all care about and respect you," Laxus said, taking on a serious tone for a moment. "You're one of the strongest wizards in the guild - well besides me," he chuckled, earning a punch on the arm from Evergreen. "Plus you're my best friend."

"Laxus-"

"So that begs the question..." he began, looking at Freed and Evergreen, "who would you say is the hottest guy in Fairy Tail?"

"Way to ruin a moment!" Evergreen shouted.

"I'm not answering that."

"It's definitely not either of you two classless idiots," Evergreen pointed furiously at Laxus and Bickslow.

"Maybe Gray?" Laxus pondered. "He's always naked."

"Laxus!" Freed shouted in embarrassment.

"What? I'm just making conversation!"

"Why do you have an opinion on the hottest guy in Fairy Tail?" Evergreen questioned Laxus.

"Eh? Why can't I?" He countered.

"You like girls!"

"Why can't I like both?" Laxus' face turned bright red upon realizing what he had said.

After that, Laxus changed the topic. None of the others fought him on it. They talked, laughed, and drank together until Bickslow fell asleep and Evergreen left to go to her own room.

"Hey, Laxus?" Freed asked once the two of them were alone.

"What's up?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Huh? Know what?"

"Who I think the hottest guy in Fairy Tail is."

"You don't have to-"

"You. It's you," Freed admitted.

"Oh. Um, thanks," Laxus answered nervously. After a pause he added, "You."

"What?"

"I think I would say it's you," he said, blushing.

Freed smiled smugly and reached for the dragon slayer's hand. Eventually, they drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

A/N: I actually kind of like how this one turned out (we'll see how long that lasts). Originally it was only going to be about Freed and Laxus, but I ended up adding Bix and Ever in to make it more interesting.