Chapter 16: Change

Start from the beginning

"Did you have nightmares like this, often?"

"Y-yeah. Over the last couple of days."

"Was it the same one every time?"

"No." I looked at him. He was staring at me intently.

"No? You had other nightmares?" I nodded.

"About this couple dying?" I titled my mean, unconsciously in deep thoughts.

"Wow, dude. You have one interesting mind."

"Thanks, I guess?" Silence invaded the air. The midnight moon invaded the sky and pushed its light into the room. The curtains of the huge windows were slightly agape. The dancing winds entered the room though the open glass barriers, filling the room with a light airy environment.

"What happened and how come you're here?" I asked as soon as the question hit my brain.

"Why? You don't want me to be here?" He acted hurt with his hand on his chest.

"No, no I didn't mean it in that way. I-I just-" He cut me off.

"I know what you mean, silly. I was just joking. I found you passed out on the floor of your bedroom and I called Jimin hyung. He gave you some medicines and I stayed with you to take care of you."

"You stayed to take care of me?" My eyes were wide open. Jungkook would never do that. But again, he's Stephen, not Jungkook.

"Of course! you are my mate. How would I not take care of you?" I blushed at his statement. I guess I'm important to him.

"Thank you."

"No need to say 'thank you'. Isn't it my duty to take care of my mate when she is not feeling well?" I'm smiling. I'm smiling wide.

Both of us sat criss-cross on my bed, knees touching each other. I looked at his eyes, quickly looking away, not able to maintain the eye contact while blushing. The next thing he did startled me very much.

His hands slowly slid onto my waist as he leaned closer to me, grabbing it gently and with a swift motion, he pulled me onto his lap. My eyelids fluttered wide open as I stared at the spot I was sitting on.

His hands snaked around my waist, cradling my body with his. Soon, I felt his firm abs making contact with my back. My brain couldn't process anything at the moment. My heart beat increased to an abnormal pace.

He nuzzled his face into my neck, taking a long breath. I sat there frozen in his lap. Probably realizing my tense state, he lifted his head up. Turning me ever so slightly, he spoke.

"Hey, don't tense up. Is it . . . bothering you?" He scanned my face for any discomfort. I shook my head.

"No, it is just new to me." Silence filled the room and he gently rocked us back and forth. It seemed to calm me down as I slowly relaxed in his hold.

"I'm sorry for all the pain we caused you." He said in the deep voice I am familiarizing with.

"No, no. Please don't apologize."

"Jungkook. He just needs some time to accept that he has a mate. And the fact that you are a human."

"Why is he, um, surprised that he has a mate? Don't all werewolves have mates? And that I am a human?" I turned my head to the side, looking at him.

"I don't think Jungkook will like it if I share his secrets. But you are our mate, so, here we go." He nuzzled closer to me, if that was possible, still continuing the gentle rocking. I leaned back on him, feeling his abs more on my back. His hands slowly crept up to mine, intertwining his fingers with mine, still around my waist.