27. The Moment Of Truth

"Kazuya!" As Miyuki heard Satomi call his name, his heart skipped a beat. When he found out that Satomi was on a date with Narumiya, he felt angry... and sad at the same time. He had wanted to be her first date... Would it even be her first date? It didn't even matter. He wanted to be the only one who can take Satomi on a date.

Satomi waved excitedly when Miyuki called her, and she made her way over to him at a fast pace. She had been walking slowly towards the bus stop, but had turned around when Miyuki called her.

When Satomi reached Miyuki (very fast, or even in seconds, because Miyuki had also walked to her), she didn't know there was a wide, bright smile on her face, but Miyuki's breath caught. When Satomi was in arms reach Miyuki took one of her her hands and pulled her closer to him.

Satomi was caught a little off guard, and stumbled farward, catching herself on Miyuki's chest. Wow, so hard... Satomi thought, feeling his chest. Satomi knew how hard he trained, but it still surprised her. At the same Satomi had that thought, she cringed a little... What if Yuki or Ryosuke heard where her thoughts were headed?

Miyuki, not knowing the thoughts that were running through Satomi's mind, got concerned when he saw her pink cheeks. "What's wrong Satomi? Are you sick? Do you have a fever?" Miyuki asked her, touching her forhead and then cupping her cheek.

Satomi's cheeks became even warmer and she looked down, trying to hide her pink cheeks. "Ah, no... I'm not sick. I'm completely fine." Miyuki saw that she was acting shy, and gave a small chuckle. Ah, she's so cute! Miyuki thought.

He took both of her hands and placed them on his chest and said to her with a small smirk, "If you want to feel me up, go ahead." Satomi's blush intensified, and her she was shocked silent. Miyuki laughed at her shocked expression, amazed at how innocent she looked.

"Ah Satomi, I can't believe you're so cute! Let's head back." Miyuki took one of her hands in his and walked in the direction of the bus stop. By this time the sun had mostly gone down, and the street lights were coming on one by one.

*meanwhile at Seido*

Ryosuke and the rest of the team were in the cafeteria to eat dinner, when he suddenly got a cold feeling. He put his chop sticks down and folded his arms...
What could this be about? Narumiya?... No, can't be. He left. Just then Kuromochi asked, "Anyone seen Miyuki?"
The table suddenly got quiet. "Anyone seen Satomi?..." Everyone looked at Furuya who was slowly eating his rice.
"Yo, Furuya, where's Satomi?" Kuromochi asked. Furuya turned towards them and said, "Probably with Miyuki." He went on eating his rice slowly.
Ryosuke could feel a vein almost poping near his brow. How could we have forgotten about Miyuki? All them thought at the same time.

*back to Miyuki and Satomi 😉*

They were walking quietly towards the bus stop, holding hands and sneaking glances at each other.

Once they were on the bus Miyuki couldn't hide his curiosity anymore and asked, looking away and fiddling with his hands. "So... How was the date?" Because he asked it in such an awkward way, Satomi couldn't help but laugh. At her laugh Miyuki startled. Seeing his wide eyed look, she decided to clarify.

"It was okay I guess... The Cafe was really cute." Miyuki though it went well since she complimented a part of the date, and he couldn't hide his disappointment. "Ah, I see... So when is your next date?"

"Oh no! I'm not going on a date with Narumiya again! I mean, he's nice and all but..." Satomi almost finished her sentence, when she was interrupted by a "Pffft!".

Miyuki and Satomi turned towards the person making the sound, and was surprised to find Carlos behind them. When Carlos saw them, he let out the laughter he was trying to muffle, "Whahahaha! Man, poor Narumiya! I can't wait to tell the guys about this..." As Carlos was wiping his tears he was typing on his phone, presumably telling someone else.

"Man, I told him this would happen! Everyone could see that you two have the hots for each other, but he just wouldn't listen! Anyway, see ya!" Just like that Carlos got off the bus, leaving shell shocked Satomi and Miyuki behind.

Carlos' words 'you two have the hots for each other' was ringing in both Satomi and Miyuki's ears. The rest of the bus ride passed in silence, although they were still holding hands.

When they arrived back at Seido, Miyuki wanted to walk Satomi to her dorm, but couldn't. "Err... Hello guys. Why are you all here?" Satomi asked. Blocking their way was a line of first string players, each with their arms crossed with scowls on their faces.

At Satomi's question, they all turned as one to glare at Miyuki. He gave an awkward chuckle, but didn't let go of Satomi's hand. Yuki gave a "Uh, uh" and looked at their combined hands. Miyuki gripped Satomi's hand tighter. "Satomi, weren't you on a date with Narumiya?" Ryosuke asked. She nodded.

"So why are you holding hands with Miyuki?" Satomi blushed. Someone added a small "Again... " to Ryosuke's question. "I found him on my way to the bus station." Satomi told them. Kuramochi looked Satomi and Miyuki up and down. "This isn't the first time this has happened... So why does it keep happening?" Satomi remained quiet.

Miyuki was getting upset at their questioning. "What's wrong with it? Who said we can't hold hands?" "But why everytime Miyuki?"
Miyuki looked at them, a dangerous look in his eyes, and asked "Why do you think?"

The atmosphere was tense for a moment. Miyuki then turned to Satomi. As soon as he looked at her his face became soft. He looked gently into her eyes, and cradled her face. Satomi was staring intensity into Miyuki's eyes, she forgot everyone was there.

Miyuki was staring into her eyes, and said in a clear, soft voice, "Because I like you, Satomi."