9. Books and nail-polish

After the Kanto tournament the team started doing better. Satomi was extremely proud that Furuya debuted in the tournament. She knew he would start making his mark now, although he still had a long way to go... She supported the team as a manager during the game, and didn't hold anything back (much to the team's shame, all her comments hit them straight in the heart). Sawamura was trying his best, asking everyone what qualities he has. It seems like he and Chris are getting along better, with Sawamura still following him around, offering him towels and such. Satomi was headed back to her dorm one evening when she saw Miyuki coming back from his own batting practice. 

She saw Chris returning from the rehabilitation centre. Miyuki bought a drink for Chris and Satomi went to greet them. "Hello Chris-san, Miyuki." Miyuki got a drink for Satomi as well. Miyuki and Chris continued their conversation about Sawamura. "... and I'm getting really tired if it." Chris was saying about Sawamura following him around. Satomi laughed. "And I heard he even follows you into the toilet..." Chris blushed. "But he's really trying to become better, despite how stupid he is. He asked to observe the practice today." Miyuki said to Chris. "Drawing out his true potential is really up to us catchers." This shocked Chris. Satomi could see he didn't believe he could help Sawamura grow. "Good luck, First-string-catcher, and Satomi-chan." With that Chris left. Miyuki was thinking about what he said when his drink suddenly disappeared. "Hey, Satomi! Give it back." Satomi took the drink and run away, laughing.

Miyuki couldn't believe Satomi would do that. When he finally caught up to her (and it was a bit difficult, she was fast), Satomi gave the drink back with a smile. "Don't worry Miyuki. Chris and Sawamura will help each other grow." Ah, Miyuki thought, she's trying to cheer me up. Miyuki looked at her smile, and couldn't help the warm feeling spreading towards his heart. "Thanks, Satomi-chan." Miyuki said, ruffling her hair. Satomi complained, swatting his hand away, while Miyuki laughed of course. They started walking back towards the dorms. "Ne Miyuki. Do you like pink?" Satomi asked. He was wearing a pink shirt and white bandana on his head. Miyuki blushed. The shirt had been on sale... "There's nothing wrong with pink! Real men wear pink!" Satomi laughed. "I didn't mean anything bad by it. I was just curious. I can't imagine Onii-chan wearing pink..." Satomi trailed off, imagining Furuya wearing pink. "... not even Yuki-san and Ishashiki-san. But then, Kuramochi and Ryosuke can really pull it off." Miyuki sweat dropped. Is the colour of a shirt that interesting? Miyuki thought. Or ... "I really like pink though." Satomi said. Miyuki smirked. Thought so...

The next day they were having a double header with the first string playing Teito and the second string playing Koma. The first string was doing very well, but Sawamura was struggling in the second string game. He was removed from the mound. Just as Satomi got back to the first string game, Furuya called a time-out. When Furuya got back to the dugout, he found a furious Satomi. "Are you an idiot?" She asked Furuya, giving him a cold glare. He just looked at her. Satomi sighed and took him out of sight so she could bandage his finger. His finger nail had broken while he was pitching. "Onii-chan, didn't I give you clear nail-polish so this wouldn't happen?" Satomi asked Furuya. Furuya just looked at Satomi. "I lost it." Sigh. "Okay Onii-chan. Come to my dorm tonight and I'll let you borrow mine." Furuya agreed. Even though he doesn't show it, he kind of misses Satomi. She's always busy with something. So when Furuya got back to the dugout, his aura was radiating happiness. Time with Onee-chan... I wonder what snacks she'll give me...

After the game coach called Satomi to his office. He wanted to discuss something with her. Satomi quickly showered and changed into a baby pink shirt and jeans. She knocked on the door and was told to come in. "Good evening Coach. You wanted to see me?" Satomi asked the coach. "Yes, Satomi-san. I have seen you are number 1 amongst the first years..." It was true. She was doing very well with her school work. Furuya on the other hand... "... and you're doing very well with the 2nd and 3rd year classes." Satomi didn't quite get what the coach was trying to say. "Hai!" she replied. "I'm concerned with our first string players. They are dedicating very spare moment to baseball, so their academics are having a rough time. I want you to tutor them." Satomi's mouth fell open in shock. "...eh, ah... me coach?" she asked. "Yes. You are more than capable. I'll inform Yuki to tell the others. Let him know if they aren't taking the studying seriously. You can start with the third years tonight." With that the coach dismissed Satomi. Where to start? Satomi didn't know... Maybe its best if I check where they are? Yes, let's do that.

After dinner Satomi hurried back to her dorm. The third years were almost coming. When she got to her dorm Furuya was waiting for her. She could still see his happy aura, and didn't have the heart to cancel their plans. So they went in, and Furuya put on his favourite documentary about polar bears. Satomi made some popcorn and got out some gummies. While he was watching the documentary, Satomi was giving him a manicure, filing and painting his nails with a clear colour. It was this cosy scene the third years got to see when they banged open Satomi's door. The faces of Ishashiki, Ryosuke and Yuki were frozen in shock. "JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH SATOMI YOU TEME!" Isashiki yelled at Furuya. "Do you want to die, Furuya?" Ryosuke asked. Yuki emitted a dark aura, giving shivers to others in the closest rooms. Masuko just went in and started eating some of the popcorn, giving Furuya a glare. Ishashiki went into the room, trying to get to Furuya.

Satomi stood up to defend him. "What's the problem sempai? We're just hanging out." Isashiki got an extra tick next to his brow. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HANGING OUT SATOMI? THIS FIRST YEAR HAS GONE TO FAR!" "Yes, we've seen him come from your room a few times. He's not even trying to hide it." Yuki added, standing firm with his arms folded. Satomi was a bit confused. What is this about? "We'll be right back Satomi-chan" Ryosuke said to her, while he and Masuko were on their way out the door, dragging Furuya by his feet (he was just continuing to watch his documentary. His favourite part was coming).

Satomi sweat dropped. Just then everyone heard a big laugh. "Whahahaha!". They all turned towards the sound; Miyuki standing in the doorway. He was holding his stomach he was laughing so hard. "Whahaha! I can't believe you haven't noticed. They're brother and sister!" Everyone froze. They looked from Satomi to Furuya, and noted that they had the same blue eyes and black hair. And when they thought really hard, they remembered that they also had the same family name... Everyone sweat dropped. Satomi cleared her throat. "Uh, yes. We're twins." There was a moment of silence. Ryosuke and Masuko let go of Furuya. "Satomi, we'll be back shortly." Yuki said to her, while Isashiki and Masuko took Miyuki by the arms and dragged him out of the room. Ryosuke followed, cracking his knuckles, an evil smile on his face. Miyuki was pleading with them, "C'mon guys! It was just a joke... okay, ouch! I should have told you when I found out!" Furuya and Satomi just looked at each other and then went back to watching and manicuring. A while later a ruffed up Miyuki came in, with drink for everyone. He of course, still had a smirk on his face. Yuki and the others joined, bringing their books. "What's first sensei?" Ryosuke asked.

*a while later...

Everyone was on their way out. Satomi let out an exhausted sigh. If that's how it's going to be every time... Miyuki was the last to go out (except for Furuya, who had fallen asleep). Miyuki was standing there scratching his head awkwardly. "Ne Satomi-chan, I'm sorry about the mess I caused..." "How didn't they notice?" Satomi asked, deep in thought. Miyuki couldn't tell her that he had also thought she was dating Furuya... "Anyway, goodnight Miyuki." Satomi said, giving him a small smile, and going back into her room. "Wait!" Miyuki said, tugging on her shirt. When she looked back the moonlight hit her face, illuminating it. Her skin looked like pearl... Miyuki stepped closer. Satomi thought he looked very serious for a moment, which was a bit peculiar. Just as he leaned closer... he walked into something. Or rather, someone. "Ne, Onee-chan," Furuya was saying to Satomi, while he was staring at Miyuki, "where did you put my share of the gummies?". Ah, well, Miyuki thought, that's my que to leave. "Goodnight Satomi, Furuya."