10. First strings and hopes and dreams

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading! I want to dedicate this chapter to @thatnonormalperson. Your support means a lot!

**************************************************************************************

________________________________________________________________________________

Satomi was making her evening rounds checking and noting down who was doing extra practice (there were two spots open in the first string after all) when she walked past the field. She had seen Sawamura practicing when she walked past before, and he was still going at it... Ah, he's working hard, Satomi thought. Just then Satomi saw the coach jogging in the same direction as Sawamura. As she got closer, she could see the coach showing Sawamura a towel drill. Sawamura took the towel form the coach and tried the new move... he ended up smacking the coach in the face. The coach had this angry bewildered look on face. While Satomi tried to stifle her laughter, she took a photo of the coaches' face and Sawamura's reaction. Never know when that could come in handy, Satomi thought. "I'M SORRY! IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE!" Sawamura shouted after the coach as he walked away, saying nothing.

The next day Satomi went to third year math. The seating arrangement was the same as for English, with the first string sitting around her. Satomi saw Yuki, Ryosuke and Masuko dosing off during class. Now wonder they need me to tutor them, Satomi thought. Thinking about the previous tutor session gave her chills. The chills quickly turned into an icy rage. "You better pay attention. If you can't answer the extra questions correctly you'll be sorry..." Satomi said to them, her eyes cold, a frozen smile on her face. An icy aura surrounded her. The third years, even the ones not in baseball, gave a terrified shiver and quickly looked to the front. So scary, they thought. The only one that didn't react was Chris. He looks so sad, Satomi thought. "What's wrong Chris?". Chris turned to Satomi. "My father wants me to quit baseball and go to America." Satomi's mouth fell open. Chris continued "He wants me to play there. But I want to finish High School with my friends." He gave a small smile. I hope he'll get a chance to play, Satomi thought. I want to see him play.

"You know Chris, has anyone told you, you look like Justin Bieber?". Chris sweat dropped. "Who's that?" "Uh, he definitely doesn't look like Justin Bieber..." Yuki was saying (Takako was a fan of Bieber, apparently). "... maybe more like that guy that plays Iron Man?". "No, what about the Wolverine?" Ryosuke was saying. "NO! HE LOOKS LIKE THE BEAST FROM BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!" Isashiki shouted out. The whole class turned around and looked at him. And started laughing. Even the teacher. Isashiki's face turned red. "MY LITTLE COUSIN MADE ME WATCH IT OKAY?!" "Yeah, sure Isashiki." Satomi said, smirking. "I never would have guessed it..." Yuki was saying. Ryosuke was writing this bit of new information in his black notebook. Chris just looked freaked out.

At practice Rei informed Sawamura that the next match would be his last chance to prove himself. Chris and Sawamura had been working hard together. The game against Kokudoukan began. Sawamura was off to a bad start, because Ono was struggling to see his throwing arm. Everyone was getting restless, because it seemed to them Sawamura wasn't throwing well. Satomi thought he wasn't doing too bad... but if no-one could catch his pitches... and the supporters were chanting "Get off the mound. Get off the mound.". Just then the coach announced a player change. Everyone thought they were changing pitchers, and they were very surprised when Chris stepped onto the field. Another moment to capture, Satomi thought, as she took a picture and sent to the first string. They wouldn't want to miss this. Satomi was right of course. The first string came to watch, and Miyuki was there first. Chris was also very happy his father came to watch his game.

Chris showed them all he's capable of amazing things, but his old friend Zaizen didn't want to give him a break, and tried to weaken his shoulder by bunting. *meanwhile* Miyuki and Furuya were watching the game when Miyuki talked about Sawamura and said to Furuya (laughing of course) "If you don't get serious, he'll catch up fast." To which Furuya replied "Not even once have I thought that I'm better than him." Miyuki was surprised by this. Furuya then asked to change his training menu and go running (to build stamina of course). After the third inning Sawamura and Chris were subbed out. Later that day the coach called everyone to assemble. He already decided who was going to the first string (Sawamura had forgotten all about his. Satomi could see the confused look on his face).

" The new first string members are, tenth grader, Kominato Haruichi and Sawamura Eijun." The coach asked the seniors who were not picked to stay behind. Satomi could see Sawamura seemed devastated, probably thinking about Chris. She saw Yuki and the others taking to him though, so she knew he would recover. Satomi was glad for Haruichi too. She thought he'll be an asset to the team, during the summer tournament. Ah, Satomi thought. Summer training camp from hell is starting soon... mwhahaha. Satomi's hands folded into claws, and evil intent seeped out of her every pore. The first stringers all felt a chill go down their spine. Furuya dropped the ball in his hand (it landed on his face). He knew what was coming... the trainer from hell.

On her way back to the dorm Satomi's phone pinged with an email. Hey Satomi-chan! Why don't you change schools and come to Inashiro <3? Forget about Kazuya! I'm way better! ;D– Mei-chan . Narumiya Mei? Where did he get my email? Satomi thought. Just then Miyuki was walking across from her. She called out "Hoi, Miyuki! Come here!" Miyuki was startled from his thoughts. Satomi didn't wait for him and the next moment she had him in a head lock. Miyuki was shocked. He even felt chills running down his back. When he looked up he saw a very angry Satomi face, "Why did Narumiya Mei email me? Where did he get my email?" Satomi asked Miyuki. "Hah? Mei?! Definitely not from me!" Miyuki told Satomi. I definitely wouldn't give it to Mei, Miyuki thought. Satomi looked at him, he seemed sincere... Satomi let him go. "That guy at the mall with the blonde hair and blue eyes?" Furuya suddenly appeared. "I gave your email to him. He asked me after he gave me some chocolate." Satomi and Miyuki sweat dropped. "Ne, Onii-chan, don't give my email to strangers!" Satomi yelled to Furuya. He looked at her with a blank face. "It was the special addition chocolate with the polar bear sticker in it." Oh yes, Satomi thought. He had wanted that one for a while. Satomi let out a sigh. Well played Narumiya, well played, Satomi thought. Just then Miyuki's phone also got an email. Have a good night Kazuya, give Satomi-chan a kiss for me ;D. Or no! Don't do that! – Mei "You've got to be kidding me." "Haha, don't mind it Miyuki, it's time for the second years to get tutored, right?"