♤chapter eleven♤

◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾

After all of the drama in the bar, the new recruits of the Old Lady Tavern wing of the rebellion made quite the impression. After everyone calmed down and gathered themselves....or seethed in the corner for a while, they were brought to rooms. Usually it was between 2-4 to a room so you decide who slept with who (not in that way you fucking pervs no medieval foursomes on my watch).

It appeared that people in the tavern got up really, really early because it was like everyone had arisen and immediately started working or eating or chatting. There was this undeniably exciting energy in the air that the kids couldn't possibly ignore. The kitchen started cooking early, the many tables and chairs moved to form 3 large tables.

An area that looked somewhat like a stage was being set up with musicians, with a clear space of floor in front of it for dancing. Flutes, fiddles, mandolins, guitars, harps and a beautiful piano took their place on the stage. Any musicians that passed through would have been absolutely itching to play the selection, but it was for later.

Crates of alcohol of all kinds were being delivered to the tavern, the man walking through with whiskey, gin, bourbon, rye, rum, fermented peach juice and hard apple cider. The children were told that if they really wanted to have a drink, not to do what they did last night. And to stick to the light stuff as best as possible.

What was all of this for? Well around a month ago a group of roughly 20 rebels went on a mission to infiltrate a Mendacium military ship and steal weaponry. Today, they were to return, a letter having been sent out to the Tavern in code to confirm that they had succeeded in their mission.

Four black banners were however hung over the banquet table to signify that they had lost four of their soldiers. They celebrate the success that they gave their lives to. With all that said...

Let the celebration begin!