♤chapter three♤

And there the surly village-churls◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

THE FIRST MISSION

It had been a month since the children had started training and learning to hone their abilities. It wasn't enough to decimate a village or anything major but it was enough that they could control this magic(somewhat) and use it in smaller more manageable situations.

Nobody has yet to figure out what Ella's vision means but guards are stationed at the docks and all boats have been getting searched upon arrival. It's a nuisance but better safe than sorry says the Queen.

This phrase is the new motto of the castle, especially after the welcoming ball and news that espionage has been spotted in a couple villages around Medicium. Suspicion and tension run rampant among the population.

Where some see concern or fear, the General sees opportunity. A few spies in a village is nothing these kids couldn't handle. So one morning they are told that they are going to be carted off to the village of Zhano to stay within the local government's walls, near the seaside

This is their first real test, their first real chance to show what they're capable, for the queen to make sure she hasn't made a huge mistake. So they were told they have the afternoon to sleep, wander the grounds, explore the government buildings before night falls and the chance for spies to infiltrate the building is heightened.

Ofcourse many, many guards have been sent with them as have the trainee guards to get a first look at what setting up defensive measures is. They're also somewhat a distraction,a red herring for the spies so they think that the guards are the real threat. Maybe they will be in the end.

The royal daughters have been sent along as a way to report honestly back to the queen, even if only one will do so. Now these children wait for the sound of the servants saying "lights out" and their first night of real defense begins. Energy was in the air but also doubt, and a little fear.

So good luck for when lights out comes around.

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

Alright! For a little, your ocs can just sort of chat and explore the building but that's all gonna change after I post the "lights out" comment and they're officially on guard.