♤chapter two♤

a red-cross knight for ever kneel'd◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

After the tumultuous welcoming ball that set the tone apparently for how their experience in the castle was to go, a number of things happened. First with the very assassin who tried to kill the Queen herself.

His name was James Newman and he was young, and nobody outside the castle knew his name but maids talk outside the children's rooms and the name was on the lips of all in the castle. He was sentenced to death by beheading, the kindest of all execution methods but still not a great way to go.

The queen simply didn't want any enemies, especially those who had confessed to being sent by Demaranta to murder the royal family. The Demarantan royals made no comment, an almost confused silence. An assassination at the first event since the last assassination? The royals felt threatened, and the public sympathised greatly.

The guards, not trainee guards were all punished severely. What this punishment was nobody was sure but the head of the guard was known to be a harsh, tough man of war, hardened by time and the conflicts he had been a part of in the past. General Edward de Troyes would not let a disaster like the welcoming ball happen again.

Those were his first words to the trainees and the children as he walked into the training room first thing in the morning. Greying hair and sharp eyes, he commanded both fear and respect wherever he went because he was Edward de Troyes and he earned that fear through blood sweat and tears.

Speaking of the kids before him, they had been hauled out of bed at the ungodly hour of 6:30am. They were given training gear, pretty average for the lower class boys and somewgat scandalous for the higher class girls. Loose fitting drawstring cotton shirt, slim trousers and flat soled boots. Hairs were suggested to be tied up qnd jewellery removed. A breakfast was brought to each room.

They were all escorted to the training room thereafter, where they sort of stood around until the general arrived. And once he did...well they were put to work.

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

Alright everyone! I'll post a starter as the general and we shall start the training!