ten...if you need a drink

Start from the beginning

So once they arrived at the station (after the hot docs brilliant take down of some whacko who wanted his five seconds of fame — who wanted fame from being related to a killer anyways?) Jude had decided to 'dial it down to two from five', which is considerably hard to do considering that less than three weeks ago she had been sipping on Bacardi with Odessa Croft — the biggest weapons dealer in western europe.

The woman had been on the phone for the past half an hour, trying to contact the head of media companies to question if they had gotten any disturbing or unregistered mail sent to any P.O. boxes. So far the search had come up empty, however, Jude had learnt that if you said you were from the FBI rather than using the excuse 'im writing an article for a school paper', they gave out the information a lot quicker, (they also didn't ask to be cited after every three words, or ask to email photos of their dogs — never cats).

Her eyes watched as Agent Lin walked solemnly across the office floor, and after seeing her walk in the direction of Hotch and JJ, Jude had hung up the phone she was using and tried to stealthily rush over to hear the conversation.

"Lab results are back on the piece of fabric. The DNA doesn't match the original cab driver" Jude let out a small 'woohoo' given that she had been correct. "And the cloth is fairly new, it was distressed to seem old"

The agent let out a disappointed laugh "guess i was foolish to think it was the real zodiac", Jude had wanted to be rude and say 'yes incredibly foolish', but she bit down on her cheek, really forcefully, to stop herself from being too harsh to the saddened woman.

"It wasn't foolish" Jude promises, gaining a nod of appreciation from JJ who would have been the person to try and console the agent. "Whoever did this — killed these people, went to great lengths to make it believable that the Zodiac was back after forty years."

"And he was criminally sophisticated enough to pull it off"

"Question is, why?" Hotch titled his head towards Jude once JJ and Agent Lin had wandered off — Jude wasn't sure but she thought the two might have been going to talk to an old detective's wife once again.

"Anything from the agencies?" he questioned aloud, heading in the direction of Reid's set up.

"Uh, nothing yet. Honestly, it's just an abundance of people claiming that they hadn't seen neighbours in their driveways, or that there had been a commotion in the street — I was going to have Garcia run the names of neighbours, but those locations are all remote, and i've just got this feeling like its a local ya know, someone who can be in the vicinity but not be questioned" when Jude Levy has a lot to say she says it all, there is no structure it just becomes blurred words falling off of a cliff that so happens to be her mouth. Hotch paused for a moment, the bobbing of his head from front to back had stiffened.

"Focus on papers that haven't published anything about the zodiac, smaller ones"

Jude smiles widely at the unit chief who had continued his walk to Spencer, "will do Captain" she called out, raising her hand as a quick salute.

Scurrying back to her small set up by the window (the third floor did give an alright view), on a table with a wobbly leg, Jude was quick to pull out the comprised list of neighbours missing and or streets that had had complaints of noise or violence in the last two days — something had been a trigger.

Picking up her phone the redhead frowned at the sight of a missed call from an unknown number — Jude hated those, you could never ring them back, although she supposed that was why they were unknown in the first place.

"Green for go" is hear from the other side of the line after Jude dialled Penelope, she didn't really know what she was doing, not to the extent that Derek and Jenifer did, but Jude could bullshit a clown into studying law, she's sure she could bullshit her way into finding a killer.