seven...broken hearted mess

BLUE.

chapter seven —— broken hearted mess

THE FIRST TWO DAYS THAT JUDE HAD BEEN HOME, she had been joined by Atlas, who had for some motive, found it his life's mission to teach Mason every non-cussing swear word he knew (and he had, for a strange reason unknown to Jude, a vast vocabulary for this exact topic), and it had been exciting as the two had taken Mason on a much needed, and well deserved trip to the local ice rink, finished off with some ice-cream (Jude likes honeycomb)

Atlas and Jude have had an ongoing debate about what job Mason would have when he was older, the male seemingly quick to believe that the kid would go on to become a world class figure skater; which was great and all, but atlas had made this decision after watching mason do one whole lap of the rink without falling over, Jude thought it to be a bit of a premature decision.

On the other hand, Jude thinks her kids going to become a chef — because regardless of the mess that usually gets made in the kitchen when Mason decides to cook, the fact that a nine-year-old wanted to cook in the first place was crazy to Jude.

Jude's home is the one place in the world where she feels safe, its this four-bedroom suburban monstrosity, complete with the slanting roofs and double car garage. The grey house is three stories high with a backyard big enough for a great dane - or at least big enough for a makeshift pool in the summer.

Mason's expressed many times his love for Jude's house, but the woman just thinks its just because he gets to act like a pirate, jumping off of a 'plank' and onto his bed. Mason says he loves Jude's study the most, says it reminds him of those fancy big bosses in all the movies - she can't help but chuckle at that, because if only he could see her work.