one...the tapping of the clock

BLUE.

chapter one —— the tapping of the clock

THERE IS A GREAT MANY THINGS WRONG with any single thing at any given moment in time. Take the bureau of investigations, give a rundown of the proceedings to any sane person and they would say 'fine' and 'whatever', but to someone with an eye for details, it is clear to see that the problem lies within the bureau's interrogation techniques. And if someone had to pinpoint a single flaw in the system, it would have to be that it clearly lacked any pazazz, lacked any finesse, there is simply no overwhelming gasp moment.

Honestly, it's so routine and basic and overwhelmingly boring that Jude can not help herself but yawn, which she knows she shouldn't be doing because whoever is standing behind the two-way glass is probably (most definitely) over psycho-analysing her right this very second.

Actually it isn't a matter of if someone was studying her every facial twitch, every hand flinch, every blink, she knew they were, and that they would continue to do so for the next three minutes and fifty seven six-five-four seconds, and then they would leave, convene for a total of eight minutes and separate to either hers or Atlas' cosy quarters.

She knows because she has done this before, she has been in their shoes (metaphorically, of course, she wouldn't walk around in anything she didn't deme 'fashionable') and in a few months, she would be in those same shoes again, most likely helping to convict the very people she is now protecting.

These agents wouldn't know her name, they would know Ella Silvera, and if they were good at what they did then they would find that she had three other aliases' (none being Jude Levy of course) and perhaps they would realise that she isn't a real blonde! Okay now she was teasing them in her own mind, what had her life been brought to.