Pranpriya wondered how Jennie had faired sitting throughout the whole ordeal without her. Jennie’s voice calling her name back in the drawing room echoed once again inside her head. There was desperation in it, she remembered. And instead of staying and suffering and enduring alongside Jennie during dinner, she chose to sulk in her chamber like a spoiled brat. Jennie must have resented her by now for her selfishness. She now felt herself reduced to someone unworthy of Jennie’s devotion.

Her stomach gave a long and loud grumble again. She was hungry and she was tired and she still smelled a little strongly of chemicals, of Pathum Thani afternoon heat and disappointment. She finally took a peek at her watch. The hands there said it was already almost nine in the evening. No wonder her stomach was now loudly protesting. She wished Lek would at least remember to bring her food and thought it was very timely when she heard another series of knocking on the door. Finally, she grumbled. Along with her protesting stomach.

Pranpriya hopped a little eagerly from the bed and crossed the distance towards the door in long strides. She worked in unlatching the locks hastily and pulled the polished door open with so much anticipation. A slow smile was creeping from her face as she inhaled the mouth-watering aroma of steaming. Her smile, however, instantly faded when she saw the sardonic look on Jennie’s cat eyes.

“It honestly pleases me to know that you still recognize the sound of knockings on your royal door. We were a little worried you’ve forgotten how to work on your lock to open it,” Jennie said scornfully. Her brows were arching and she had the look on her face that clearly said she wasn’t pleased at all. She was holding a silver tray before her, loaded with sum-rub

Pranpriya gulped, but it wasn’t because of all the delectable food on the tray.

“Wh—,”

“Don’t ever start off,” Jennie cut her off with a glare, “by pretending that you don’t know why I’m here, Lisa. It’s not going to work. I’m mad at you and what you did earlier was definitely not amusing, even in the slightest,” Jennie snapped at her and without another word, walked past her and towards the privacy of the royal chamber without her invitation while keeping her grip on the silver tray, leaving Pranpriya speechless beside the doorway.

Her Highness sighed as she stared at the back of Jennie’s pretty head, with her shiny long dark hair cascading beautifully on her spine. She then pushed the door closed with a click – without working on the locks – and stood silently. She was waiting for the confrontation while basking on Jennie’s presence, despite how pissed the chaebol was. There was no way she could escape Jennie Kim and those daunting cat eyes, Pranpriya humored herself. Had it been somebody else committing what Jennie had just did, they would be automatically arrested and thrown into a cell as penance for their impudence for who knows how long. Lese-majeste. But it was Jennie Kim and aside from the obvious fact that Jennie was not just somebody else, Pranpriya was already set to not follow royal protocols as her way of demonstration. Her father was well-aware of that already.

“You don’t have to look so disappointed that it’s me who brought you dinner instead of your butler,” Jennie said without looking at the Thai. Her voice was still clipped and her shoulders were tensed. She laid the tray on the carved rosewood and marble center table.

“I’m not,” Pranpriya said indignantly. “I’m just wondering why it has to be you,” Pranpriya asked when she finally gathered her voice. She was leaning on the door with her arms folded across her chest.

Jennie snapped her head towards the royal’s direction so fast that it took every ounce of Pranpriya to stop herself from snatching the door open and run towards the opposite direction and as far away as her feet could take her. She had never seen this side of Jennie. Well, she did once back in Irene’s party. But at least the snarling dagger-looks were not intended for her back then, unlike now. Jennie looked intimidating when mad. Like an angry cat with those snarling cat eyes fully able to throw anyone out of their poise when subjected to such glare.