Chapter 29

"Please tell me I didn't do stupid things last night," Lisa groaned as she was walking down the stairs, her hands were craddling her head. Her long, blond hair was a mess.

She found Jennie standing in front of the stove, her back on her. Leo was sitting in one of the high stools, quietly watching whatever Jennie was doing and Luca was sleeping peacefully at the windowsill. Both scuttled and ran in different directions upon seeing Lisa and her wild, messy morning hair. 

Jennie quickly turned around, a spatula on her hand, and looked at Lisa sheepishly. "I ruined the pancake," she said with a pout.

Her hair was tied in a high ponytail and she was wearing Lisa's bluish gray hoodie, with words "Unicorns and Rainbows" written across the chest and paired with one of Lisa's baggy plaid pajama pants. Both looked big on Jennie's petite size, that she had to roll the sleeves of the hoodie and the hems of the pants have covered half her feet.

"Nice," Lisa groaned appreciatively, tried to smile but ended up grimacing in pain. The hangover was kicking in pretty bad.

Jennie pouted even more and asked, "Nice that I ruined the pancake? I'll just have this one and make a perfect one for you," she said as she took out the heavily distorted pancake from the pan onto the plate.

"I mean, my hoodie looks nice on you," Lisa replied with a grimacing smile and walked passed Jennie groggily toward the refrigerator.

She was extremely thirsty. Her mouth and throat were dry. That's how it usually would whenever she's suffering from a bad hangover. She took a gallon of what appeared to be milk without realizing it and settled on the empty high stool where Leo had been sitting seconds ago.

"Oh, thanks. I went through your closet without asking. I'm sorry," Jennie said and continued, "I had to change and my clothes from yesterday obviously still reeked from smoke and barbecue. I also  took the liberty of putting a hoodie on you. Are you okay?" Jennie explained further and asked. Her face still looked anxious about the ruined pancake.

"No. I feel like my head's about to crack open and my stomach's about to digest its own walls," Lisa answered and took a gulp from the gallon, and finally realized that it was goat milk. "Ugh! Milk!" she cringed and made a face.

"I bought you something for your hangover. Wait," Jennie said and took something from inside the black plastic bag sitting above the kitchen table. "Here you go," she said and handed Lisa a bottle of chocomilk. "I was told that it's a good alternative for a haejjunguk. And I know how much you love chocomilk."

"You are a life-saver!" Lisa said gratefully and hastily drank all the contents of the bottle, emptied it before she asked, "I didn't know I have the ingredients for pancakes?"

"You didn't. I went out early and bought some groceries," Jennie answered.

"Did you even sleep?" Lisa asked, eyeing Jennie with curious eyes.

"I couldn't sleep, Lili. So, I decided to fo out and went to a grocery store nearby. I saw this box of easy-to-make instant pancake mix on a shelf. And I was craving for pancakes, so I bought one."

Lisa nodded and asked, "So, did I do stupid things last night?" and took another bottle of chocomilk from the plastic bag, which she recognized was from a grocery store nearby.

"You were pressing the horn nonstop all the way from the Orange to here. I had to apologize to the few pedestrians that you scared along the way," Jennie said.

"Oh, yes. I remember that. Anything else I did? Something, maybe, worse?" asked Lisa. She sounded anticipating but dreading at the same time. She knew she could be pretty reckless and stupid when she's drunk.