Walls

Walls

__________

Rating: PG-13 (Swearing)

__________

Playlist:

Skinny Love (Cover) by Ed Sheeran

Vesper's Goodbye by Nick Jonas & The Administration

Why by Secondhand Serenade

This by Ed Sheeran

Steal Your Heart by Augustana

Sad Beautiful Tragic by Taylor Swift 

__________

Present Time

"Stop it!" I begged for what seemed like the four hundredth time. "P-please, I'll do anything!"

I squirmed around beneath my best friend who thought it would be necessary to pin me down on my bed and tickle me to get his phone back from me that I stole only because he'd momentarily left the room. Call me immature, but that was our relationship.

"Give it back!" he declared, his fingers continuously pressing into the skin of my hips and stomach.

My cheeks were aching from smiling and laughing as hard as I was. I absolutely hated it when he tickled me so naturally, I gave in. "Okay, okay! Just stop!"

He stopped, his hands and knees still on either side of me. His sparkling hazel eyes stared down into mine with satisfaction, waiting for me to give him what he wanted. The smile he wore was one I could never ever get tired of even if I was forced to. His familiar scent that he carried surrounded me, only causing me to smile. His soft, light brown hair hung over his forehead and covered his full eyebrows just barely.

Austin was nearly flawless.

"Maxine Victoria Shay, I'm waiting!" he laughed, breaking me from observing him, which was something I felt he had to do all too often. He used my full name like that just to make me mad because he knew how much I hated it.

"Well, I can't exactly get it when you're on top of me," I scoffed, thinking in the back of my mind that I really didn't mind him being just inches from me at all. I liked being close to him.

Laughing again, he moved himself so that just his knees were on either side of me and he was kneeling over my body. I turned my head to the side and slid my hand beneath my pillow where I hid the phone. It was an extremely easy hiding spot, but he couldn't find it. I pulled it out and looked up at him, handing him the red iPhone.

"Thank you very much," he got off of me and sat on the edge of my bed, unlocking his phone and scanning through what I assumed to be missed texts and calls from his many friends.

I sat up too, smoothing my medium length dark brown hair out and running my tongue over my bottom lip. Again I began studying him, noticing that every single feature he possessed was nearly perfect.

"Wow, thanks a lot, I missed a call from Meredith," the worlds rolled off of his tongue in aggravation, making my stomach churn uncomfortably.

Meredith was the girl he had his eye on at the time. But everyone knew that when he was interested in someone, he would have her in no time. I couldn't exactly call him a player because he wasn't. He was actually really sweet and generous, and that's how he got girls. Not only that, but as I said, he was flawless.