Big Hero 6

On Boxing Day, I went to see this movie with my big sister at the cinema and it was really dumb...no just kidding I LOVED IT!! :D This is one of the best, most action-packed, and funniest movies Disney has made (at least I think so) I'm surprised that BH6 wasn't made by Pixar, as they usually do movies with this animation style and futuristic theme. However, another sort-of sci-fi movie Disney created is Wreck-It Ralph, so Big Hero 6 isn't all on its own. This movie is about an intelligent, technology-loving teenage boy, Hiro Hamada, and a very cute, fat, marshmallow-like robot named Baymax. Hiro, with his older brother, Tadashi Hamada, wants to go to a 'nerd school' where students learn about creating cool robots and technology. To get in, Hiro creates a remarkable invention which would be useful in real life- micro-bots. Just one of them has no power, but when thousands of other micro-bots get together they be controlled by the mind of whoever has the neuro-ransmitter (which looks like a headband) to form any shape and do almost anything. Hiro is happy when he is accepted, though his life is changed forever after Tadashi is killed in a fire explosion at the school. His life changes even more when he meets Baymax-but in a good way this time! Together with his friends-Baymax, Fred, Honey Lemon, Go Go Tomago, and Wasabi, known collectively as Big Hero 6, Hiro sets out to challenge the villain who stole his microbots and harnessed their destructive power- Professor Callaghan!(or Mr Kabuki Man, as a policeman calls him)

Spoiler warning here, don't read if don't want to know it!)

Near the movie's end, it is revealed that Professor Callaghan has a daughter, Abigail. This really surprised me as I didn't get how he could be a terrifying vilain and a father at the same time! I thought this was like Severus Snape having a daughter or something like that. (If you've read the Harry Potter series, you'll know him. Lots of fanfiction about his daughter(s). Abigail is a minor character in the film and much nicer than her father. Her mother is unknown (though we might find out who she is if there is a sequel!)However, my sister told me that he is still really still a normal person and can do the things that everyone else does.

-End of Spoiler Warning-

Unlike Wall E and Wreck-it Ralph, other sci-fi movies made by Disney (Pixar) this movie lacks romance,( though much fanfiction dosen't!) If you are a romantic film lover then Big Hero 6 is not for you. Overall, BH6 was a great movie packed with humour and even sadness as well as action. You may have guessed by the cover that my favourite character is Honey Lemon! I like her because she is such a cheerful character with a crazy personality! I saw from Google Images that some people don't like Honey because they think she resembles Rapunzel, but I like both of these characters. BH6 will entertain people of many different ages and it definitely worth the money to see at the cinema! I'll give this four out of a five stars.