"We should get a lot of donuts. Like, a lot," Tony said. Peter's eyes widened slightly. " How much is that supposed to be?" "Kid you know me. How much do you think is a lot for me?" "...An unhealthy amount." "There it is," he exclaimed humorously.

They got 4 big boxes of donuts. Tony wanted to get more than that but Peter told the donut guy not to give them any more.

"That's it?" He asked. "Yes, thank you!"

Before they could walk out of the shop, someone muttered, "Not so fast."

Tony raised an eyebrow, turning around to face the person. "I'm sorry... what do you want," he asked, sarcasm lacing his voice. "Him."

The air got tense as the man pointed to Peter. "I- what do you want with him? Leave him out of this," he demanded. Tony got in front of him protectively. "He's not just an intern Stark. What's he doing with you right after you finished fighting with the avengers, huh?"

"No. He's nothing more than an intern," he lied. "I picked him up for food, is there anything wrong with that?" "Yes, in fact. Where's spider-man?" Thank the gods there was no one inside the store anymore. Most people had scattered. The store owner was ducked inside his office and probably couldn't hear them.

"He's helping with the cleanup. Him though, he'd be too young to be Spider-Man. He's just a kid."

Ouch, Peter thought.

Tony squeezes his shoulder as if to say 'Sorry kid.'

"I'm done playing your games Stark. He means something to you." "Does he now?"

The back of Peter's shirt was balled up in Tony's fist. 

"You don't think so, huh? How about a little experiment... You like those, don't you Stark?" The man cocked his gun.

As the gun was fired, Tony threw Peter to the side by his shirt.

"Oh fuck!" The man shouted, running out of the shop with his gun thrown to the floor.

"Mr. Stark!" Peter dropped down next to the man. "Tony, oh god." He'd gotten shot. His breath was ragged, coming out in quick hot huffs. Despite that, Tony gave a shaky smile. "Pete- you-... good..? P'shed yo... hard." Peter choked back a sob. Tony was laying on the floor bleeding out and he was still worried if Peter was ok since 'he threw him to the ground hard.'

"Yeah Tony I'm fine. You're gonna be too. I-" god, he needed help. "Help!" He yelled. "Pl-please help!"

The donut guy came out saying he'd already called the police several minutes before. As if on cue, sirens could be heard. They put Tony on a stretcher and pulled him away. Peter protested as he was pulled back.

Every noise around him was drowned out by shock and helplessness. He wanted to go with Tony! What if he never saw him again? Oh god, this was just like uncle Ben all over again!

"Tony!" He shouted. "Plea-please let me go with him!" A crowd was staring at him but he couldn't bring himself to care. He took a step forward wanting to chase after them but was suddenly pulled back by his shoulders into an embrace.