"Look, I know this might sound a bit contradictory, but if we decide to work on our marriage I don't want us fucking with other people anymore. It's not worth it to me, and I regret it every single time. I don't want to entertain anybody else or give them the attention that I could be giving you." I could see the tears forming in her eyes again and I didn't know if I should take them as happy tears because she felt the same way or sad tears because she didn't feel the same way.

"You really feel that way?" I hesitated before answering because this can really go either way.

"Yeah. If you don't, we can-" She cut me off by smashing her lips into mine. I grabbed the back of her head, deepening the kiss. She moved to straddle me and pulled out of the kiss, resting her forehead against mine.

"I don't care for it either. You're more than enough for me." Hearing her say that made me feel so good inside. I never realized how much I was waiting on validation from my wife until this very moment. Knowing how much she's been through in life, I never wanted to be the one to make her feel like I was controlling her or boxing her in. I wanted Brynn to have all the freedom in the world, so I was down for whatever she was down for.

"You're not just saying that to boost my ego?"

"Of course not. You've literally helped me become the woman that I am today. You've shown me what it means to love and be loved. You're my baby, and I love you so much." She smiled, bringing a smile to my face.

"Did you really throw your ring away?"

"No. It's in my jewelry box."

"Man, you better stop lying to me like that." 

"I just wanted to give you a little hell, stress you out a bit." I placed my hands on her thighs, not even able to stay mad at her. "Tell me where yours is." I lifted my chain up, showing her my rind that was hiding behind my diamond cross pendant.

"Right here. I keep it close to my heart." She rolled her eyes and rolled off of me. "I need to talk to you about something else too." I mumbled. I didn't really want to bring it up at time like this and ruin the good mood that she's in, but I also know she'll be pissed if I didn't at least mention it to her.

"What's it regarding?"

"Your dad." I reached out, wrapping my arm around her as soon as I noticed her expression change.

"Can we talk about him another time?" I nodded, knowing better than to press it any further. As long as I was able to mention it I'm fine. I just don't want her assuming I tried to keep anything from her when we're in the process of discussing revisiting our relationship. I know I'll have to tell her about dad before she moves back home because she'll have a higher chance of running into him or his wife.

"I never got to ask if you were comfortable with Brae calling you mommy. I can talk to her." I've been meaning to bring it up once we were out of earshot from Brae. I don't want to have a conversation with her telling her not to call Brynn that, but I will if it's making Brynn uncomfortable. It's not something that can't be forced.

"I accepted the role, and she's comfortable with calling me that. It doesn't necessarily make me feel uncomfortable, it's just an adjustment. I'm not used to being called that so it's going to take some time for it to feel natural. I just don't want to confuse her. It doesn't upset me or anything though. It feels nice to be called that, and I'm honored that she felt comfortable enough to start calling me that so soon." I nodded, leaning over to kiss her forehead.

"How do you feel about marriage counseling?" Not only have we been apart for almost five years, we learned today that there was a lot that we kept from each other. I've never been to counseling, but I know it helped Brynn a lot.

"I think it's a really good idea. I think it'll help us understand each other better to a point where we're not holding back under the assumption that we're protecting each other's feelings. Our communication is great, but it definitely has room for improvement. I know myself personally, I overthink a lot of things, even things that I end up communicating to you. I want to get to a point where I open up to you about things without having to second guess myself." I nodded, completely agreeing with her.

"I don't too much know of any counselors, but I can ask around."

"Leave that part up to me." I playfully smacked my lips, bringing a laugh out of her.

"Do you think you can do something to Brae's hair or find a stylist for her. I tried to comb her shit one day and almost broke the comb." She popped up in the bed, looking at me with wide eyes.

"That lady doesn't know how to do hair? I'm so upset that you put so much trust in this bitch, Gabe. She wasn't supportive to Brae in any kind of way. She added no value to her life. All she provided was adult supervision." I hated that I had Brae staying with Lisa, but she was the only person with a completely open schedule. She doesn't work, and there are other children in the household.

"I know. I just didn't want her being on the road with me. You know how it is when the season starts up. The practices, appearances, interviews and warm ups. I barely have any down time, and when I get it I'm catching up on sleep. All I wanted was to provide a stable environment. Since Lisa got back with her boyfriend the environment changed up and that's why I came down here to talk to you. It wasn't about fighting for custody with Lisa, it was about trying to amend my original plan with you."

"There's a lot that we could've done differently back then, but reflecting on past mistakes isn't going to change the present. I think it's important that we start vocalizing everything to each other, bounce our ideas off one another. Counseling is also very productive. I'm confident in us. Oh, and I'm going to wash and deep condition Brae's hair tomorrow so that I can style it." I smiled at her, already anxious to have her and Brae back home.

"Now that we have all of that settled, let me borrow a piece of pussy." I rolled over, preparing myself for the hit since I know how she is with her hands.

"No. You wouldn't even give me a kiss earlier. I ain't forget. What did you do with my phone? I need to check in with my sister." I grabbed her phone and handed it over to her. As soon as she took it I grabbed her arm, pulling her down onto my chest. She snuggled into me and began texting her sister. 

"See what time she's dropping Brae off."

"I just asked her. She said they're going to do the sleepover because the girls are having so much fun together." I nodded and reached over to grab her remote off the nightstand so I can turn the TV off.

" I nodded and reached over to grab her remote off the nightstand so I can turn the TV off

Gabe and Brynn got some more things off their chest. They finally discussed the openness of their marriage. What are your thoughts on that?

What do you think about Gabe's suggestion for marriage counseling?

How do you feel about Braelynn calling Brynn mommy?