8 | 11:11

"When God said let there be
Light he was thinking of you
And then He found that the
Trees of Life needed a fruit
Blacker the berry sweeter the juice
He was thinking of you"
- Londrelle

"When God said let there be Light he was thinking of you And then He found that the Trees of Life needed a fruit Blacker the berry sweeter the juice He was thinking of you" - Londrelle

"Mmh?" Brynn mumbled into the phone. I knew she'd be sleep because of our time difference, but oh well.

"Send me your address. I'm on my way down there."

"Gabe, it's four in the morning." She mumbled, sounding a little more alert.

"For you, yes. My flight will be there in five hours so text me your address while we're on the phone." I know as soon as the call ends she'll fall right back asleep and I'm already sitting on the plane.

"3750 Las Vegas Boulevard South, unit 2508." She sounded like she was dozing off between each word.

"Thank you, baby. I love you."

"I love you too, bye bye." She yawned and a second later I heard the phone beep signaling the call ended. I know she only said it back because she isn't all the way alert, but it still gave me the same effect. The flight attendants started their safety brief and I pulled on my headphones, closing my eyes so I could get some more sleep.

I woke up as the plane was landing and prepared to get off. I pulled my skully down low and pulled my hood on to try and conceal my identity as much as possible. I'm not trying to be stopped or held up. I already have a driver waiting for me outside to take me straight to Brynn's place. As soon as the plane doors opened I grabbed my bag and made my way off since I was literally in the first seat. I didn't power my phone back on until I was sitting in the back of the SUV. I had to pull up my notes to get Brynn's address for the driver then I decided to call my mom.

"I haven't heard from you in a week! What is going on?" I shook my head, having half a mind to hang up on her.

"Calm down. I've been trying to work things out with Brynn. I'm out here in Vegas now."

"Why didn't you drop my grand baby off before you left? I haven't spent time with her in weeks, Gabe." I sighed, deciding if I wanted to get into details with her of what's going on.

"It's a long story, but Brae is already out here with Brynn."

"I have time." She spoke as the driver pulled up in front of Brynn's building. I didn't even realize she lived so close to the airport. Hell I didn't even know they had residential condos inside the Waldorf Astoria.

"Well I don't really have time. I'm on my way to do something right now, so I'll explain everything to you when I get back out there. I was just calling to check in with you." She smacked her lips and I couldn't help but laugh at her childish ass. I pulled out some cash to tip the driver and grabbed my bag from him.

"Fine, I guess. When will you be back?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll keep you updated."

"No you won't. I'll just call Brynn." I shook my head as she hung up on me and walked into the building, heading towards the first set of elevators that I saw. I stepped in and pressed the button for the twenty-fifth floor. It didn't take me long to locate her front door. I pushed the doorbell twice and waited for someone to come answer the door. The door swung open to reveal Brynn in her pajamas and her hair twisted up. I reached out to grab one of her twists and she smacked my hand away, turning to walk back inside.