4 | In My Mind

"In my mind we just had a fight
You introduced me to your secret wife
In my mind, yea
I just had ya baby, yea
I know I'm fuckin' crazy, yea
But really I'm a lady, aye
In my mind
All the time"
- TeaMarr

"In my mind we just had a fight You introduced me to your secret wife In my mind, yea I just had ya baby, yea I know I'm fuckin' crazy, yea But really I'm a lady, aye In my mind All the time"  - TeaMarr

I sat behind my desk in a daze. I couldn't help but let scenarios of Gabe and I play out in my head. He'd awaken something in me that's been asleep for so long. Not saying that I haven't had sex since I left Gabe. My needs definitely get met, but sex with Gabe is an entire different level of intimacy. It's why I've never entertained the idea of actually divorcing him. Gabe and I are meant to be together. Our souls are connected. The last thing that I'm going to do is settle for a man who can't satisfy me either better, or on the same level, as Gabe did. That doesn't apply to just sex either.

"Brynn! Hello!" I snapped out of my thoughts to look at Aimee, who I didn't even notice was standing in front of my desk.

"Sorry. What is it?"

"You have a lunch meeting scheduled with Deondre at Tableau. I set two reminders for you and you're still about to be running late. Are you okay?" I glanced at my computer, seeing the unopened alert still flashing on my screen.

"My head is everywhere right now. Can we reschedule?"

"No. It's too late, and you know Deondre would just pop up here at the office." With a sigh, I locked my computer and grabbed my bag, making sure my laptop and phone were inside it. I glanced around my office to make sure I wasn't leaving anything before heading out my office to meet up with my brother in law. This is why I don't like to take family on as clients, they never remove their foot from your neck.

My office sits right outside of the strip so it didn't take long to get to the Wynn. Now parking, and locating the restaurant was a different story. By the time I made it to the table Deondre was already placing his order. I noticed the waiter walking off and quickly rushed over to the table, taking the seat across from him.

"Please tell me you told him to come back and you didn't order for me?" I rose my eyebrow in curiosity, waiting for his answer. He tends to always order on the hearty side and I always prefer to eat light especially when I'm conducting a business meeting.

"Hello to you too, sis. I ordered you some avocado toast and a glass of rose." I rose my eyebrow in surprise and sat my bag in the empty seat next to me, pulling my laptop out of it.

"That's light for you."

"Oh I got appetizers too just in case that was too light for you. I heard your man in town. How is that going?" I rolled my eyes, pulling up my checklist for our meeting. Gabe is the last thing I need to be discussing with my sister's husband, especially not during a business meeting.

"I read over the contracts for the Netflix deal, the Fox deal and the BET deal. The BET deal was trash. The other two I sent back to your manager so he could set up the meetings with the casting directors and appropriate parties to seal the deal. I'm not your publicist so I don't know why I was sent these club appearance offers. I highly wouldn't suggest them, but again I'm not your publicist."