Chapter 13 (EDITED)

Park Chanyeol's Point of View

I feel so hopeless when Baekhyun disappeared right before my eyes, I heard a couple of cusses and Suho hyung calming me down.

"Chanyeol, we will find Baekhyun." He said as he patted my shoulder, Lady Taeyeon is already crying her eyes out on her brother's arms.

I felt Kai went beside me, "What's your plan?" He asked as he stared at the black carriage outside, I muttered a curse, I am pretty sure they've eyeing us for weeks and they grabbed the opportunity when Baekhyun's alone. I silently blamed myself for keeping myself busy on training myself to fight that jerk. I blamed myself for not protecting Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol, please save my little brother," I hear Lady Taeyeon behind me, I turned around to see my other half's sister flushed due to crying. Kyungsoo's holding her, preventing her to fall, "I beg you." She said and then she lost consciousness and fell into Chen's arms.

Sehun approached me, I heard him sigh, "Whatever your plan is, tell us and we will follow you, don't do anything stupid." I looked at him and then he gave me a small smile.

"Chanyeol," I turned around when Lay hyung called me, "You need to see this."

We followed him to the basement of the mansion, they've been locating Sooman's lair in the basement.

"What is it hyung?"

He made circles in front of the mirror, my eyes squinted because of the light coming from the mirror and my eyes widened when I saw where Sooman took Baekhyun, I heard Kai and Sehun muttered a curse.

"Stop bluffing hyung," Sehun said as he ruffled his blonde hair and scrunched his nose, Lay hyung looked at us in disbelief.

"Am I the type of person who bluffs? Sooman took Baekhyun to the Pit," Kai clicked his tongue and shook his head at me, "Chanyeol we need to save Baekhyun, the moment he steps into the Pit, it'll drain his energy, his blood."

The Pit is where our powers came from, we go there when it's necessary, the Pit is made of human blood, flesh, bones and fear. The moment a mere mortal steps inside the Pit, he'll die. Baekhyun won't die, yet.

The moment I marked him his blood was mixed with mine, my mark will help him survive there since the Pit is surrounded with fire, my power is fire but it's not enough. Baekhyun is a mortal, mortals don't belong there.

"Chanyeol!" My head turned towards Kyungsoo who just went in, he stretched his hand and showed us a dead frozen raven, "Minseok hyung froze it the moment it started to fly, he suspects that this raven is a spy." He put it on the table, "He noticed it a week after the attack, he's been observing it since then—" Kyungsoo didn't managed to finish what he was saying when the raven started to flutter its wings and started to fly.

"Lay hyung!" Sehun whined and pushed Kai to grab the raven, I glared at Lay hyung and he just gave me a peace sign, I shook my head and looked at the raven wrapped on Kai's hands. I noticed the raven shivered, I growled at it.