➼ chapter 5; flustered and flirting

Start from the beginning

The girl chuckled. "Right, Maisie... so how are all six of us going to fit in that one tent?"

Azalea shook her head with an excited smile. "Actually, five. I'll be sharing a tent with the rest of team." She lowered her voice so only Serena, Magnolia, and Ramona could hear. "And a bed with my boyfriend."

"Ew, get out of here!" Magnolia groaned, pushing her sister away as Azalea happily skipped in the other direction to the Appleby Arrows' tent, everyone waving goodbye.

"Well, Ramona, to answer your question, take a look inside." Maisie smiled, walking through the tent as the rest followed.

Though Serena was expecting it, she still couldn't help but be impressed: the inside of the tent was completely furnished with a dinning table, couch and a couple of chairs. There was also a bathroom, kitchen, and a room with a twin-sized bed, and two sets of bunk beds.

"I love magic," Ramona breathed out.

Serena nodded. "As do I."

While Maisie put her bag on the twin-sized bed, Serena strode over to one of the bunk beds, choosing the top while Ramona choose the bottom, with Magnolia and Iyla sharing a bunk of their own.

Ramona immediately laid down on the bed, eyes shut tightly, despite hating laying on fresh sheets with dirty clothes. Magnolia and Serena glanced at each other, then back at her, knowing exactly what was wrong.

"Are you alright there, Mona?" Serena spoke softly.

The girl opened her eyes, and nodded. "Yea... just a little dizzy."

Magnolia sat on the edge of her bed. "With all that walking, of course you are. And that's alright."

"Here," Serena said, forcing a spare water bottle she was carrying into Ramona's hands. "Drink, you'll feel better."

Taking the water bottle, Ramona gave her friends a grateful smile. "Thank you, really."

After a few minutes, Ramona was feeling much better, following the other three girls to the living room when Maisie had called them over. "Alright, girls, we'll need water. And firewood. But I'll take care of the latter." She said, to which they all nodded, while Iyla took a step forward.

"Er... well actually, you know my best friend Ginny Weasley, right Mum?"

Maisie slowly nodded. "The sassy but sweet red-head?"

Iyla chuckled, nervously playing with her fingers. "That's her. She asked if it were alright if I could meet her before the match... so I can watch the game with her family, and my other friends, Ron, Harry, and Hermione."

Maisie knew there was no point in saying no, so she simply handed a few kettles and the map of the campsite to Serena and her friends. "Oh alright, go on ahead. You three will get the water."

Iyla grinned, giving Maisie a quick hug before all four exited the tent, much to Serena's annoyance. "Well, I'll see you lot after the match!" Iyla said.

Serena rolled her eyes with a scowl. "Really left us to do all the work, huh Iyla?"

The youngest Mallard only waved a dismissive hand, already walking away. "As if you wouldn't do the same."

"I wouldn't!" Serena called after her.

"Yes, you would." Magnolia and Ramona said together.

Serena glared at the pair. "Whose side are you on?"

"I would be on yours if you'd only talk to Fred normally!" Magnolia rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, Serena. I've never seen you act so flustered before. You aren't the type to get nervous." Ramona said, searching the campsite for someone as they walked.