"You're the smartest person in our grade! Hell, you aren't even supposed to be in our grade!"

"Haha. Let's go."

"Fine. But, you have to promise me something."

"Depends. What?"

"That afterschool, you come back to mine and I get to all to myself."

"Arthur, I come over afterschool everydays anyway."

"But, I want you to stay over."

I pull back slightly, only for Arthur to pull me back.

"Arthur, you know that I can't. My father-"

"Fuck your father. He's a basterd anyways. If you would just let me-"

"Hey. Calm down. Now is not the time to talk about this. I love you for being this protective, but I just have one more year until college and I'll leave forever. Now, for that to happen, we need to get to class."

"Fine, fine. Love you too."

He kisses my nose, takes my hand, and leads me to the entrence of the school. We walk in and it already smells like feet and a sweaty gym locket.

"Merlin!"

I look over to the owner of the voice to see Gwen waving at me. I look up at Arthur.

"Gwen is waiting for me. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. I'll see you in English."

He gives me a quick peck on the lips and I walk off to Gwen.

"You guys are too cute."

"Shut up. How's Lancelot, by the way? I haven't seen him since you guys got back from France."

"He's good. And France was amazing. The food was delicious and there were so many sights to see."

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Should we head off to science and see who are the people we have to spend the rest of the year with?"

"Sure. Let's go."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Okay, so three fourths of the people here aren't trash."

"Oi. That's not nice. I'm wonderful."

"Oh, I'm sorry Gwaine. You're great."

"Thanks, Merls. You're pretty okay too."

"I tell you you're great and I get an okay?"

"Well, that's because you are okay."

"Boys, knock it off. Class is starting soon."

"Sorry Gwen."

I open up my bookbag and take out the newest book I'm reading, Le Cabinet des Antiques. I've always excelled at French, and I love reading books from there too.

"Hey, Merls. Stop being a dork for a minute and check out the new guy with me."

I look up to see the new kid standing at the front of the room looking for a seat. He has dark brown, curly hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. I would've guessed him a nerd if he wasn't so jammed packed with muscles like the rest of the jocks in our school. The kid makes eye contact with me and smiles. I do a small, polite smile back and continue reading my book until I hear the teacher walk in.