IX

A week passed since that incident with San took place.
Everything had been normal, as usual.

Sieon was following her routine, everything was like always, even the nightmares and the dozing offs. Sieon knew nothing could could help her with that. Probably death.

Fortunately, no news or gossip about ‘You know, San brought water for Sieon’ was going around either. Yeji was a nice girl and Sieon was glad she met her expectations of being good too; she kept quite.

After all, the first impression is the last.

"Half dozen eggs...
Yes, thank you." Sieon grabbed the paper bag from the shopkeeper and turned around to go the next shop for milk. It was the day for her to grocery shop.

But can she live peacefully?

No...

A big, familiar  figure collided into her and the eggs fell, then Sieon fell, and San fell too.

Sieon's eyes narrowed and converted from being shocked to angry within seconds.

San gasped at the situation.

Sieon felt heat rush to her cheeks realizing in what position they were, and where they were. San had fallen on top of her, in a fully populated market. This was going to be the most insulting thing Sieon would ever face. She knew everybody will talk about this incident for weeks now.

The in-shock, starring contest didn't last long before San had been swiftly brought up by someone. A few women rushed to help Sieon too.

"You, young man. I've had enough!" And with that said, the older guy who had picked San up, grabbed his collar. "I will not tolerate any random guy trying to benefit himself from a weak, young lady."

Shocked-Sieon felt offended at the older guy, Chanyeol's words. If he was only taking a stand for her, because he thought she was weak, then she can definitely fight for herself without his help.

"No, sir, you're misunderstandin–"

"Not just me, but all the men are here to protect women of our village. We respect them, better if you do too." His voice wasn't shouting but his voice was stern. Once he was done, he let go of San and backed up.

"Sir, listen to me. You are misunderstanding the situation, it was just a mistake." San still tried his hard to defend himself. He wasn't here for that. When he hadn't done anything with bad intentions, he wouldn't stay silent and quietly listen to them.

The place was rushed now yet silenced. Everyone saw the drama happening in front of them.

A little amount of guilt washed over Sieon and she thought that everything was her fault and started to feel bad for San.

"I would've believed you but this had happened before as well, as far as I know." Chanyeol went closer again and calmly continued. "I don't want to fight you. You're new here. Better behave and even if it was a mistake, do not repeat it."

San stared at the taller man for a moment before he nodded his head and backed away.

Chanyeol turned to Sieon, "You alright?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry, Sieon but it was a mistake." San said suddenly gaining everyone's attention. His tone and posture radiated his confidence, a confirmation of his acts.

Before Chanyeol could say anything again, Sieon spoke, "I know it was a mistake, I'm sorry too."

And with that said, gradually everyone went to continue with what they were doing before, including San who seemed to have disappeared.