XLV

Sieon was sleeping peacefully in San's arms.
At least,
She was supposed to.

She woke up in the middle of the night, only to find herself all alone.

No wonder I woke up.

She was slightly startled by the darkness of her house, but as her eyes adjusted, her breathing became normal. She sat there, on her mattress, without moving, and her mind was continuously thinking about why San left, as she worried for him.

But later that day he told her he forgot to do something Yeosang told him to, so he left early without disturbing her.

Their interactions were rare, especially now that Sieon worried that someone will get a hint, so she tried to be oblivious and usually met San when he came to her house. Or, in the forest.

It was an odd feeling, but she felt lonelier without him. It was the same feeling she felt when she started living without her aunt's family.

She sighed and looked outside, it was pin drop silent and only source of light was the moon.
It was a Bell Night.

She couldn't help but think of think of all the events that took place recently. And more importantly, how she felt.

Not just her attitude, but her perspective on life had also kind of changed.
From thinking negatively about a situation, and her future, to being positive and hopeful.

Was it because she was growing mature with time, or because of certain someone's presence?

She smiled thinking about him again but a bit of fright was still there in her heart.
Even if it wasn't as much as before, the ‘what-ifs’ were always there.

To clear her mind, she went out, again.
But not far this time.

She stayed in her land and breathed in the fresh air.

And as she looked around, memories from when she met San during Bell Nights, revived in her mind.

She stopped in her tracks.

San,
What happened previously would not just make her question, but anyone who heard about it would.
Just because the things between them had changed, she should've forgotten about it?

Well, she could just ask him about it.
She could trust him right?
She wanted to.
She loved the feelings of being cherished this way. She did not want to let go of San.

But meeting him was now more of a difficult task than completing 2 dresses in a day.
Sieon sighed when she thought about it, slight scowl on her face.

Why do have to be so secretive?

She wondered why such a question even came to her mind when she clearly knew the answer.

Still, the good thing was that San was sneaky and had no proper job.
That way he could meet Sieon whenever she had time.

Now that she knew that Wooyoung and Yeosang were aware of her and San's relationship, she could easily tell them as well and they'll tell San.

"Sieon, you remember how we often met outside during Bell Nights?" San asked the next time they met.

"How can I ever forget about it," Sieon chuckled, "Today isn't an different either."

San looked around his nature-full surroundings as he sat on the same corner bench with Sieon they usually did. In the forest.

"You're right,"

Sieon nodded, "I've barely taken this seriously, even though I know I should."

"But still, it's way past midnight, I'm sure we'll be good," he smiled at her and put strands of hair behind her ear, "That also confirms your habit of not sleeping."

"You still doubt me?"

San took a deep breath, "I don't doubt you, but I have a reason to not believe it."

"Right. Because I sleep when I'm with you." Sieon smiled, "You're sleepy aren't you?"

San yawned for the nth time, "Isn't it obvious."

Sieon's smiled widened and she patted her shoulder, "Get some sleep. I'll wake you up at dawn."

Instead of placing his head on her shoulder, San laid down on the bench with his head over her lap and legs halfway in the air, "You're short, I'm better this way."

Sieon laughed again, "I'm not that short, but as long as you're comfortable."

She slowly ran a hand through his hair again and again, admiring his features, and appreciating the beautiful person she always had by her side.

A cold wind made her shiver and she feels sorry for San as she worried for him. And she hoped to see the first snow with him too.

And her wish came true a few days later...

The sun was about to set, and the weather felt great. Faint rays of sunlight, chilly winds, and snow.

It was the first snow.

Due to feeling slightly unwell, Sieon had came home earlier, but she did not expect the same day to have the first snow of the season.

She stepped outside in her land and looked around with a smile.
People around her were smiling too. They were happy.

Everyone loved the winters for snow. Sieon enjoyed it as well.
But she wished she was with San, because she had heard;
First snow, is like first love.

Her heart also smiled when she saw the one her eyes had been looking for.

San stood not far from her house and his smiled widened when their eyes met. He didn't say a word, and left within a few minutes with another boy who had started to talk to him.

They both couldn't be by each other's side, nor even meet, but their smiles held countless of emotions, and a promise of being there forever.