XLII

"Sieon's brother is so handsome," Wooyoung told Yeosang as he bragged about the new guy they accidentally met. "I wish I was as tall as him and bulkier."

For Seonghwa had returned after a very long time, a lot of villagers talked about him and many wanted to meet him again as well. Thou not all were lucky enough, as he had only came for a few days and for a very important task.

Yeosang cockled, "Yeah. But, where is San?"

"I don't know," Wooyoung laid down on his mattress, "I'm going to sleep now, so, goodnight."

"Hm, goodnight," Yeosang wished him back half-heartedly and waited for San to return.
He had noticed San being lost in his thoughts more often lately, but had no idea what was bothering him so much.
"Finally,"

San hummed, "What happened?"

"That's what I should ask you. What is wrong with you?" Yeosang patted the place besides him for San to sit and he obligated.

They both sat at the entrance of their room and looked outside, no word uttered.
"I asked something," Yeosang reminded him.

"…Actually i-" San looked around and back at Wooyoung's unconscious state. He still lowered his voice, "I think I, genuinely like Sieon."

"What?" the surprise was evident in his voice and he glaced around as well.

San nodded, "I've been thinking a lot about it and now I'm sure of it."

"What exactly have you been thinking?" Yeosang asked, calmer than how San had expected.

"When I fell for her..?" he breathed heavily, not sure himself. "I don't know,"

They looked at each other and San decided to continue, "I'm not sure when it was. I still remember the first time I saw her –on our first day here, and to me, she was just like the others, ordinary. But the same night when I saw her outside, I was definitely curious about her," he was now lost in his thoughts,
"I'm sure it was not whenever I'd bump into her and ruin her things. But then I wonder, what if it was when she cried in front of me, slowly letting me know about her…"

He looked at Yeosang again and chuckled, "I'm not sure but I think when I confessed to her, I meant it."

Yeosang smiled and nodded, "I knew it. Because you have a habit of speaking truth in a fit of panic."
He asked after a moment, "But what made you suddenly realize it?"

"...Seonghwa," he internally screamed at his thoughts previously, "I was there with Wooyoung when Sieon ran to hug him, and I felt like he was someone else, like, not her brother. Maybe love interest…"

"Hey!" Yeosang slightly punched him and laughed, "You're so weird."

"I was jealous okay, and I was also scared that my thoughts were true. But thankfully a pass byer told us he's her cousin. And that night when I came home, I couldn't help but think why I felt uneasy seeing them together. And all the times I've wanted to be with Sieon.
When I heard her crying in her house but couldn't be there to comfort her,
when we stopped talking and I felt empty without her,
when I didn't like that she was lonely at the wedding.
when I saw her with Jisung and thought to myself that it'd be nice to have lunch with her,
when I felt weird knowing that she like Jongho."

He smiled again, "But I was sure of it when I saw her and I felt better,
when I didn't like that she was ignoring me,
when she started to open up to me, laugh with me and talk to me,
and when she asked me to stay."

Yeosang chuckled, "You're doomed San, such an actor I swear. I had no idea!"

"But I did," Wooyoung spoke up from behind, "I knew it since the start."

"I thought you were asleep–"

"You really think I'd be sleeping specially when you both are having such an interesting conversation?"
He sat up, "I knew it from his expression only, when Sieon was talking to me and ignoring him, and when I said that it's time that we switch roles."

They both gave a teasing looking to San and he smiled shyly, "What should I do now?"

"You have already told her about your feelings, so just wait till she–"

"You should stop," Wooyoung interrupted Yeosang, "You know we aren't here for this, and we don't even know how long we will stay."

Now both San and Yeosang went quite.
Wooyoung spoke up again, "I mean, I get it you have fallen for her. But I'll suggest you give yourself some time and space."

"But I'm sure–"

"Look, what if you feel such way because Sieon is the only girl here you have gotten close to?" Wooyoung again interrupted San, "I know it was a part of our plan to do so but still."

"Then what is he supposed to do?" Yeosang asked.

"Like I said, give yourself some time and distance yourself from her. Maybe try getting close to someone else."

"That's easy for you to say," San replied agitated, "You like being attention of women, I only like Sieon."

Rather than feeling angry over his comment, Wooyoung smiled cheekily, "Then this could work in your favor too."

"How come?"

"If Sieon likes you back, she won't be pleased to see you avoiding her, moreover, being close someone else."

"That is not a good idea," San ran a hand through his hair, "I'm not even sure if she feels the same, plus, she's not very open about her feelings. What if I loose her?"

"He's right," Yeosang agreed with San.

"Oh, come on. Just give yourself a month– half a month! If you still feel the same, you can go back to being clingy."
Wooyoung winked at them, "Besides, love can make a lover do a lot more than he is capable of. Weather it's you or her, if it is bound to happen, it will. And if not..."

a/n: wanted to leave it here;
..The news of Moonbin's passing still feels unreal to me. He was my first ever bias in any kpop group ever because Astro was the first group I ever liked.  I hope that he rests in peace now. Our Moon finally met the stars ⭐🌙🥀