Chapter 19

The breath I had been holding could finally be released when Jeremiah burst out laughing.

"Damn it. I lost. I was betting you would never give in. Liam isn't going to believe this. I can't wait to tell the guys."

Claire was laughing and I noticed that Zack looked as confused as me. " What the hell are you talking about?"

"Well we were betting on how long it would take for you guys to do the dirty. I think Elijah won. I'll have to check to be sure but I'm pretty sure he picked this week."

"This isn't funny Jeremiah. It's very serious. You know as well as I do the repercussions."

" Zack, relax man. Trust me we are all very much aware of the consequences. You always remind us. But buddy you aren't the first of us to break that rule and you won't be the last."

The look of understanding finally came to Zacks face and then relief. "What are you talking about Jeremiah? None of us are allowed to have relationships. You know that it is the number one rule."

"Look I'm going to be honest with you because now you know how hard of a rule it is to follow. We have all had relationships but are very careful. We make sure that there is no way that we have children. Life is long and lonely without companionship. Your secret is safe with us but I think it's going to be much worse for you if Gabriel finds out. He is still unsure of Lily and finds her a threat. That means that you, my friend, are sleeping with the enemy. You need to be extremely careful."

"Gosh you guys act like doing the dirty is some horrible thing. I myself enjoy that particular hobby very very much. In fact its been a while if you are one of your friends are lonely." Claire piped in with a wink to Jeremiah.

"Really Claire. You've been out of a relationship for a couple hours." I say laughing and shaking my head.

"Don't remind me about that waste of space. And what are you doing trying to keep them all to yourself? I bet this one has a few tricks up his sleeve that I could really enjoy. Don't ruin a girls fun." she said with a smirk while eyeing Jeremiah.

He just smiled back. I don't think he realizes how serious Claire is. Poor Jeremiah. Claire has her sights on him and he would be lucky to get away.

Zack cleared his throat. "Not trying to ruin anyone's fun but we have alot to do. Calvin has probably reported back to Azael and he is not going to be happy. We need to get ready. Claire I think it would be safer for you to go home and we will prepare for the next step."

"Uh Uh I'm not going home when there is some crazy psycho angel thing a ma jig after my best friend." Claire said vehemenently.

"For the last time it's nephelim! And I think she's right. She can't go home now because Calvin knows that she knows everything. It would be too dangerous for her to go home."

Luckily Zack agreed and Claire called work to notify them that she needed an extended leave from work. The good thing is she was handling everything better than I could have imagined. But of course Claire isn't your typical girl.

Zack and Jeremiah left to have a meeting to fill the guys in on the most recent events. I stayed behind to get ready for training. I know that now it is more important than ever to train and hone my abilities so that we can win the inevetible war.

Claire stayed behind when we went to the field to train. It took some convincing but I finally made her realize it would be better if she stayed because I didn't want her to get hurt. Alex also helped by distracting her and if anything could get her attention it was definitely a hot guy.

We began training hand to hand because I needed refreshing. It had been a couple days since I had trained and I wanted to make sure that I could handle myself with no weapons if need be. When we finished hand to hand Zack helped me learn how to throw a dagger. Surprisingly I was pretty accurate. The next part of training made me very nervous. They wanted me to work on my abilities. Zack asked if I remembered how I had produced electric beams out of my hands and I was embarrased to say that I had no idea.

"It's okay. Do you remember what exactly you were doing or feeling when it happened?"

"It was when Calvin was holding me down. I was feeling helpless and.....angry. I was very angry."

Zack visibly tensed. "Okay. Well maybe if I attack you and you feel threatened you will be able to do it again."

"That is the dumbest plan I have ever heard before. You could get hurt and I refuse to take that chance."

"Well it's not up to you."

With those words he charged me with a dagger. I dodged and he charged me again. This time I jumped over him and landed behind him. He had a look of satisfaction on his face for a brief second and charged again. This time the blade grazed my side and left a cut. Okay now I'm getting a little mad and decide I've had enough training for today. Zack was not letting me leave. I could feel him approaching me from behind and I turn with my hands in the air to block his attack. Large beams of blue light shoot out of my hands and hit Zack right in the chest.

"That's my girl." he said with a satisfied look right before he collapsed to the ground.