"I should've done that, it will be interesting to see you how you'll get panic," he laughed and pinched your cheeks.

"Do that and I won't sleep in your room for a month," you dared him.

"Can you even last for a night without me beside you?" He raised his eyebrows and smirks.

"I lasted two years," you mumbled not loud enough for him to hear.

"What was that?" you shook your head.

"Nothing,"

"Fine, I'm sorry, I wanted to make it a surprise for you," he grabs your hand and intertwined it with his.

Your lips formed a thin smile.

"Look, she knows that we're leaving her," you look at Sophea who's holding you tight with her small hands and her head resting on your chest.

"She's sleepy huh?" Joshua pinched her cheeks lightly.

"We wake her up too early than usual, of course, she is," you pulled her away a little bit so you can see her better.

"Mommy won't go too long, be good okay?" You kissed her head.

After a few minutes, you arrived at your parent's house and Joshua parked the car.

Joshua takes Sophea from your arms and you grabbed her things from the backseat.

Her hands tried to reach out for Joshua's face and he leaned forward so she can hold him.

"Mamama," she babbles and pouted while looking at him.

"That's right, mommy and daddy are going away for a while, don't make it hard for grandma okay sweetheart," she then rested her face on Joshua's shoulders and yawned.

"We might come back with a little sister or brother for you," Joshua whispered but enough for you to hear.

"Joshua!" He chuckled before both of you get out of the car and walked to the front door.

Your mom opened the door and smiled seeing your presence. She took Sophea from Joshua's arms who's on her way to drift off to sleep.

"Sorry for the sudden trouble mom," you said to her apologizing.

"It's okay, you both have fun, I'll enjoy my time with her," she pats Sophea's back and you handed her the bag of things that you've packed for your daughter.

"Okay see you soon," you hugged your mom and kissed her cheeks.

"Surprise me with another grandchild maybe?" She winks at Joshua.

"Mom!" You groaned and both of them chuckled.

"You got it, mom!" He gave your mom a high five and you smacked Joshua's arms.

"Don't agree to that,"

You then look at Sophea again and kissed her cheeks.

"See you later baby,"

When you both started walking to the car, you heard Sophea crying. You saw her crying in your mother's arms, with her hand trying to reach for you.

Your mom waved goodbye and went inside the house with Sophea still crying.

Feeling heavy, you both got into the car and Joshua started to drive to the airport.

"Are you okay?" Joshua's voice cuts your thoughts and you nodded.

"It's sad seeing her crying like that, should I call mom to ask whether she has stopped crying or not?" Your hand started looking for your phone but Joshua stops you.

"Babe everything is fine, relax, this is our time together," his right-hand hold yours while he focuses on driving.

"You're right, this is our time together," you agreed and eyes focused on the road.

_________________________________

"The air feels so clean!" You inhaled the fresh air while looking at the breathtaking view from the balcony.

Joshua hugs your waist from the back and gave you a kiss on your cheeks.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it," you turned your body facing him and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Can't believe you managed to drag me all the way to New Zealand," you chuckled.

"I want to make it a surprise,"

"Well, I admit the surprise worked," you leaned forward and give him a deep kiss.

"I'll make sure you will remember this trip forever," he said to you while smiling.

"Being with you anywhere is enough," you whispered back.

Vote and comment!!