1

You entered the school feeling lazy because it was Monday and the first day of school.

You didn't even bother to check the class list because you know which class you'll be in.

Choosing a place in the middle, you took out your phone to kill time. There are only 4 people including you in the class this early. Not wanting to care, you put out your earphone and played.

When you're busy paying attention to your phone, somebody just takes one side of the earphone.

You were about to get mad and turn to look who took it.

"What are you hearing?" He grinned.

"Kim Mingyu! It's the first day of school and you're already messing up with me,"

"The usual,"

It's true, he always likes to take one of your earphones to listen to what song you're hearing.

"Where are you sitting?" You asked and he pointed out his place not far from yours.

"There," You nodded.

"By the way, who is our class teacher?" Mingyu didn't go to the hall.

"Let me guess, you didn't go to the hall to check out the list name?"

"I have no reason to do that? And our class is always the same anyway,"

"It's Ms Kim," you answered and he sighed in disappointment.

"There's no point in choosing our seats, she will rearrange them," Ms Kim teaches you mathematics last year and you knew how her teaching style is.

"I hope if she rearranged the seats, I'll sit beside you," You nodded at his words but you don't care who you were sitting with.

"Let's go to assembly mingyu," he agreed because everyone is gathering.

Both of you walk together to the school hall and went to your class line.

The first-day assembly is always so long with the principal's speech just makes you want to sleep.

"I hope this year all students will study hard don't forget to obey the school's rules," he ended his presentation on the slide and everyone was feeling relieved that the long assembly is ending.

"Before I forget, there is a special award I want to present to a few students, the students that I'm calling please come to the stage,"

Here we go again.

"Jeon Wonwoo,"
"Lee Jihoon,"
"Wen Junhui,"
"Joshua Hong,"
"Y/n,"
"Choi Seungcheol,"
"Kim Mingyu,"
"Boo Seungkwan,"
"Yoon Jeonghan,"
"Kwon Soonyoung,"
"Choi Hansol,"
"Xu Minghao,"
"Lee Seokmin,"
"Lee Chan,"

All 14 of you went to the stage and the whole hall cheered for us.

"These students scored the highest during the final exam last year and their marks from each other are so close, they've always ranked 1-14 for every exam. I hope everyone will be motivated by them and boost yourselves to study,"

All of you got a certificate each and took a photo together with the principal. Sometimes it does feel awkward because you're the only girl between them.

______________________________

First of all, let's explain the whole situation.

Currently, you're in your final year in high school.