39. The first date

Warning: Underage drinking, sort of steamy scene (?)

"Merlin's beard," Macy breathed from across Fred at the breakfast table as she gazed at her copy of Witch Weekly in horror. Fred remained focused on his breakfast as he eyed the entrance of the Great Hall every once in a while. George, however, held up his hand, silently asking to see what had gotten her so worked up. His eyes bulged and he hit his brother in the shoulder who yelped in pain and shot him a glare as he rubbed the now sore spot on his shoulder.

"Did calling me by my name become too much of an effort for you?" Fred grumbled.

George rolled his eyes at his brother's antics and handed him the magazine. "See for yourself, mate."

The magazine was promptly pushed into his hands and with a discontented sigh he let his eyes wander over the different headlines. His blood started to boil when his eyes fell upon the second biggest article on the first page. It was the picture Rita Skeeter and her photographer had taken of Salem and him sitting on the bed.

It was obvious to him now why George and Lee teased him by calling him a lovesick puppy. He was grinning brightly at Salem as he held her hands and the girl had to be completely oblivious if she didn't see the obvious adoration and love for her shining in his eyes. His past self leaned in and kissed Salem on the cheek, even on film the blush that stained her cheeks was noticeable. Despite the fact that Rita Skeeter and her photographer had intruded on such a private moment, he couldn't help but like the beautiful picture they had taken.

But when Fred realised that his mother read the Witch Weekly as well he grimaced. His eyes widened in absolute horror as it dawned on him that his mother would be flaunting the article for everyone to see, in the faces of his older brothers and father.

And he hadn't even read the article itself yet...

Love is in the air

Caught red-handed right before the First Task it now seems that Salem Black has not only won made it into first place in the Tournament, but has also won in the field of love. Though there are many suitors for the lovely girl, none of them have quite caught her attention as the redheaded boy that has been beside her during this stressful event.

While Salem's lips were tightly sealed about the development of their love life, it was obvious how infatuated she was with her newly acquired boyfriend. But she assured me that we shouldn't concern ourselves too much about the still fragile state of their relationship, it was obvious how she believed that the two of them belonged together.

Though, I wouldn't be Rita Skeeter if I didn't manage to deliver you, my ravid readers, with some juicy news on who Salem Black's so called boyfriend is. Apparently Salem has taken an interest in one of the bad boys of the school, for he is known to be a notorious prankster along with his twin brother. According to Draco Malloy, a fourth year at Hogwarts and the cousin of Hogwarts' darling, the boy goes by the name Fred Weasley and has been friends with Salem since first year.

Two best friends falling in love, what a beautiful romantic story and I promise to keep you up-to-date to the newest developments in their blooming relationship. As a matter of fact, I distinctly remember that I could hear wedding bells in the background as I quickly left Salem and Fred to it after catching them in the act...

"Merlin, Salem is going to bloody kill the woman." Fred muttered to himself. "Oh fuck, she also wrote an article about Harry. Now she's absolutely dead."