38. Nailing the First Task

The statement which sounded much more like a question rung in her ears and it took a few seconds before she comprehended fully what he had said.

Even though they had admitted to each other that they liked one another, neither of them had made a move to actually do something about it. Given that they hadn't really been talking ever since she was chosen as a champion, it wasn't all that odd, but still.

"Sal?" Fred was eyeing her nervously.

Oh shit, she hadn't answered him.

"Sorry, you took me a bit by surprise," she said softly and no matter how much she tried to keep the big, giddy smile from breaking out on her face, she wasn't able to suppress it. "I'd love to go on a date with you."

Fred breathed out a sigh of relief and chuckled breathlessly. "Thank Merlin, you had me thinking for a few seconds that you were about to turn me down."

"I've waited since fourth year for you to ask me out, I would be a complete moron if I turned you down." Salem replied. "Could you turn around so I can change, please?"

Fred did as she asked, but she saw the hint of a smirk playing at his lips as he turned around. "Ah yes, you were infatuated with me since fourth year, how could I forget?"

Salem snorted as she pulled the sweater of her uniform over her head. "If you ask me, having a crush since first year and not acting on it is more memorable."

She could practically feel Fred's ears glowing as red as his hair. With a smirk she buttoned down her blouse and pulled the shirt they had provided for the champions on.

"I'm going to fucking kill George." Fred grumbled as she let her skirt drop to the floor. Involuntarily she thought back to the time where she had drunkenly started to undress herself in front of him.

Secretly a part of her wanted him to undress her.

She almost choked on her own spit when that thought entered her mind and her cheeks flared. With a bang her foot made contact with the corner of the bed and she let out a pained yelp.

"Are you alright?" Fred asked concerned over his shoulder and caught a glimpse of Salem hopping around on one foot while holding the other in her hands.

In that moment Salem was incredibly glad that Fred couldn't read her mind, nor anyone else for that matter.

"Just peaky!" She squeaked and grimaced as she slowly set her foot down and put some weight on it. It didn't hurt that much luckily for her, but rather to be safe than sorry she sat down on the bed and swiftly pulled the trousers over her legs from there. Lastly she slipped her shoes back on her feet and ran her gaze over the boy who was still standing with his back to her. She indulged herself as she admired his behind for a few fleeting seconds before coming back to her senses. "You can look now."

Fred turned around and ran his eyes over her body, checking for any injuries. He smiled when he found none and sat down beside her. His gaze landed on something behind her and he held up a pair of gloves triumphantly. "You forgot these!"

Salem smiled gratefully and tried to take them from him, but Fred held them out of her reach with a grin. "Uh-uh, I don't think so Miss Black."

She gave him an annoyed look which only resulted in the boy's grin to widen. He gently grabbed her hand and rubbed his thumb over her knuckles before pressing a soft kiss to it and slipping on the glove. Fred repeated the same motion with her other hand and grinned proudly once more at the sight of Salem's rosy cheeks.

"You're an arse," she grumbled and avoided his gaze with a pout. He chuckled in amusement and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek and at the same time a bright flash went off and lighted up their compartment.