10. Suppressed memories

"Miss Black, I want you to go see Madam Pomfrey." Professor McGonagall announced.

Salem opened her mouth to protest, but swallowed her words when her Head of House held up her hand.

"No, I don't want to hear it Miss Black. You and Mr Potter will go to Madam Pomfrey after dinner for another checkup. I already know that professor Lupin did quite a good job at patching you both up, but I just want to be sure."

Salem nodded solemnly and continued down the path to the carriages. George was holding the door for her and she quickly got in after thanking him.

The girl looked outside the window, watching the scenery pass by slowly. She pulled her eyes away from the glum mood nature was in and focused her attention on her friends who were watching her with concern.

"What happened on the train?" She asked quietly, she didn't want to know the answer, not really, but she needed to in order to understand what had taken place.

George frowned and Fred looked uncomfortable, eventually the latter spoke up. "When the dementor opened the door it was simply looking around, probably for Sirius Black. It was really cold and it felt like it had sucked all of my happiness away already. When I thought he was going to leave again, he did the exact opposite really. It took notice of you and Harry and halted in his actions all together. I don't know how or what happened, but it made this horrible gurgling sound and both of you stiffened up.

"Where Harry was simply sitting wide eyed and absolutely silent, you screamed. You sounded absolutely terrified Salem."

His voice cracked and he looked up at her sadly. He never wanted to see her like that again, and he would do everything in his might to protect her from feeling like that again.

Salem swallowed a big lump in her throat and quickly looked down. Her eyes watered slightly as she remembered how utterly afraid she had been, at the frightening voice that had filled her head and the pain that followed after that bright flash of purple.

"Remus sent it away with a spell, I don't know which one, but it worked. It was going to kiss you or Harry, or both, if he hadn't..."

Salem let Fred's words sink in and couldn't help but have the most inappropriate thought after the awful experience they all went through.

"I bet he would've been a horrible kisser, like a washing machine and a plumber all in one."

♠️♠️♠️

The meal was amazing, Dumbledore had held a great speech as always and the house elves outdid themselves every year. Sadly, Harry and Salem weren't currently heading to their headquarters, but making their way to the Hospital Wing instead.

A frustrated noise left Salem's mouth and Harry turned to look at her questioningly. "I don't understand why we need to go! Sure, it's sweet and all of professor McGonagall to be concerned about us, but I'm alright and you're alright as well! I just don't see the use..."

The boy shrugged half heartedly. "Well, there's nothing we can do about it. McGonagall would hunt us down and drag us to Madam Pomfrey herself if we decide to skip this checkup right now."

Salem groaned and threw her head back in annoyance. "You're right... Why do you have to be right?" She whined, making Harry chuckle at her misery.

They saw that Madam Pomfrey was already waiting for them when they reached the Hospital Wing. She smiled kindly at the two children and ushered them inside. She pointed to a bed to their right and they quickly sat down on it.

"Alright, I heard what happened from professor Lupin and that he attended to both of you already, and he did a great job. But like professor McGonnagal said, better save than sorry."