Chapter 12: Resolved Conflict

Well the next morning after Renesemee and Jacob left for school, Edward, Carlisle and I all went to the police station to file the report with Charlie. While we were there Kami's parents came in to file the same thing. They looked at us in disgust and we did the same to them. When Charlie asked them why they were filing the restraining order Mrs. Marks said that Renesemee assaulted Kami. It took all I had not to attack that crazy women. I know that Renesemee lost her temper and shouldn't have done what she did but what Kami did was worse and it was also the cause of her own injuries. Edward had the most awful look on his face and I just knew that he was ready Mr. and Mrs. Marks' minds. I couldn't imagine what kind of things they were thinking. Well after they filed their complaint and left I asked Edward "What were they thinking" he just gave me a look then said "Mr. Marks knows Renesemee is Charlies granddaughter and he knows he won't do anything about her". I looked at him confused then asked "What does that mean?" "It means he is going to go over my head" Charlie said. I just stood there. "Does this mean we will have to leave?" "Of course not Bells" Charlie said "Yeah, it just means it is going to get alittle complicated around here" Carlisle said. I really wasn't sure what to think. We all thought that this would resolve the issue, not cause more.

Well we went ahead and filed for the restraining order and then we left. Once we got back home we told the others what had happened. Alice started having one of her visions and then she said "It's alright, it will go away" We all just kind of looked at her then Carlisle said "What do you mean, it will go away?" Alice just smiled and so did Edward. We all knew that Edward saw what Alice did. So I asked Edward "What did you see?" He looked at us and said "They won't have any proof" We looked at him confused "What evidence do we have?" Jasper asked "We have Amy, Ally and Sarah" Alice replied. I looked at her then I realized what she meant. Amy, Ally and Sarah would defend Renesemee and tell what Kami did to her, but no one seen what Renesemee did to Kami. I kind of felt like it was wrong in a way cause Renesemee did attack her, but it was only cause of what Kami did to her so it would only be fair to punish them both. Even though I didn't think Renesemee should be punished for defending herself, we weren't going to lie and say she didn't do anything. We will simply just tell what and why Renesemee did what she did to Kami.

Well a couple days went by and then we had to appear in court for the restraining order. We all went to the court house along with Ally, Amy, Sarah, Billy, all the wolves, mom, Phil, Charlie and Sue. Kami and her parents were also there with the mayor, Mr. Marks was good friends with him. The Judge proceeded with the case. As it went along Kami told her side of the story which was a big lie. She said that Renesemee attacked her for no reason and that she never did anything to her. Well we all knew she was lying. Edward could hear her thoughts and knew her parents made her not tell what she did to Renesemee. The whole time we were there everyone was giving Kami a dirty look, especially Rosalie. She is very protective of Renesemee, as is all of us. Well when it got to be our turn Renesemee told her side of the story. Mrs. Marks objected saying that Kami would never be mean to anyone. The judge asked if we had any proof and Carlisle stood up and said "Yes, your honor, we have three witnesses" the judge looked at us then said "Please have them approach the bench" So Carlisle took Amy, Ally and Sarah to the bench and they were sworn in and they each told there side. Kami was mad that they would defend Renesemee and not her.

After alittle while the judge made the ruling "I have ruled on behalf of the defendant" the judge said. Which meant we won. This made Mr. and Mrs. Marks angry and as they left Mr. Marks told Carlisle "You haven't hear the end of us" and then they left. We were so happy that this was over with and we could get back to our semi-normal lives.

Well when we got home we did what we typically did. The wolves and Billy even came over for dinner to celebrate. We played games and stuff for a long time then the wolves and Billy went home, while Renesemee, Jacob, Emmett and Rosalie all went hunting.

Well I decided to go help Esme in the kitchen. She seemed to spend alot of time in there alone. "Esme" I said as I walked into the kitchen "Oh, Hi Bella" she replied with a smile "How are you doing?" I asked as I started helping her with the dishes. "I am good" she replied. I didn't really know much about her past, I only knew of how she became a vampire. I didn't like to pry into others lives so I just let them be. "We all really appreciate you" I said as I smiled at her. She smiled back and said "I adore each and everyone of you" Well after the dishes were done we both left the kitchen. Esme and I sat on the couch. Carlisle and Edward were playing chess, Phil and Charlie were watching some kind of game and mom and Sue were talking. We sat around talking for awhile. After the others came back I went and decided to talk to Emmett. I really didn't know much about him and I didn't like to pry but I decided to talk to him. "Hey Emmett" I said as I sat down near him" "Hey" he replied, giving me a punch in the arm. "Emmett I was wondering something." I said as I looked at him "What's that?" he asked "Well, I know you were changed because you were attacked by a bear" he just laughed then said "Yeah, and?" "Well, I was just curious about how your life was before" I said. He looked at me and just boomed with laughter. "Well" he started "It wasn't no where near as exciting as this life" I kind of laughed then asked "Was it that boring?" "Not really boring, just going no where" he said. "Oh" I said looking down at the floor. "Yeah, if it wasn't for Rosalie I wouldn't be nothing" he said looking sincere. "You really love her don't you?" he looked at me and smiled then said "Of course I do, she is amazing" I smiled back at him, that was the first time I ever seen him look so sincere when he talked about someone. After alittle bit I got up and went back over to where my mom was. I sat there thinking about alot of stuff. I was so glad we were able to resolve the conflict between Kami and Renesemee. I was glad Renesemee was happy with Jacob. I was happy with Edward and I knew everyone else was happy with their lives.