Chapter 38: New Found Vampire

Once we came to the shack we were all alittle leary about going in, none of us knew what to expect. we knew the vampire inside was waiting for us, he knew we were there. I wondered if he knew we were vampires too or if he was planning on feeding off us. Alice was trying to look in the future and Edward was trying to read his mind. "He isn't planning anything" both Alice and Edward said as we just stood there. "Let's go then" Emmett said as he walked up to the door. "Shouldn't we knock?" I asked. Everyone just looked at me then laughed. "Yes" Carlisle said "That would be the polite thing to do" so Carlisle walked up and knocked on the door. We didn't hear anyone but the door opened. We looked at each other and Edward grabbed my hand. "It will be alright" he said as we started into the shack.

It was dark and dusty inside, there wasn't any furniture other then a table and one chair. We all looked around as we stayed close to to one another. Carlisle, Edward, Emmett and Jasper stayed in front of Alice, Rosalie and I. They stayed close to protect us, it made me feel alittle safer knowing they were in front and would fight if things went bad. But it also worried me.

We walked further into the shack, it was bigger on the inside then you would have thought by looking at it from outside. We headed into the next room, it was darker then the first one and it didn't have anything in it. As we walked through it we heard something from behind us. We all quickly spun around. Then guys jumped in front of his and bared their teeth. I didn't know what was going on, a second later I seen a shadow coming towards us, it was too dark to see who it was. I figured it was most likely the mystery vampire. "What do you want?" the man asked. "We come in peace" Carlisle said. The statement almost made me laugh. "Why did you come here?" the man asked. "We seen you" Edward said "We know what you are after" The shadow got closer, as he walked in front of the window the light shining in showed us what he looked like. He was really young, probley about 14 or 15. He had dark hair and pale white skin, he looked perfect.

"How do you know?" he asked "I seen the future" Alice said as she walked towards the front. Jasper grabbed her arm, she turned to him and touched his face "It's alright, he won't hurt me" she said. Jasper just looked at her then let go of her arm. You see visions too?" the man asked. "Yes" Alice replied "I see what people plan to do, once they have made a decision" The man looked at her strangely. "I only see visions of certain people" he said "Like I see one of a small girl who has a special gift" We all looked at each other then at him. "Is the little girl named Rosemary?" Carlisle asked. The man looked at Carlisle "Yes" he said "How did you know?" "She is our granddaughter" Edward said as he stepped forward with me beside him. The man looked confused, I guess he didn't understand how we could be vampires and have a granddaughter.

"How?" he asked "How could she be your granddaughter?" So we explained to him what happened. Once he understood it was easier. "Oh, I see" he said "So" Emmett asked "What do you want with Rosemary?" The man looked at us and said "My name is Samuel, I don't know who or what I am or was. I seen a vision of this little girl who touched my face and can show me who I was and how I died" We looked at him with relief, we now know he don't want to hurt rosemary, he just wants her help. "I know how you feel" Alice said "I didn't know anything about my life or death either. Not until I met Bella here" Alice smiled at me, and it made me remember when I was human and James attacked me. He told me about Alice and how she became a vampire.

Once we knew he was no longer a threat we relaxed some, we stood around talking and getting o know each other. Then Carlisle said "If you would like we can take you to Rosemary" Samuel smiled "That would be great" he said. So we all left the shack and headed to the house.

When we got home we headed inside. Rosalie jumped up and hissed as she seen Samuel walk in with us. "What is he doing here?" she asked with another hiss. Samuel stopped, Rosalie could scare anyone, even a vampire. "Easy, Rosalie" Carlisle said "He isn't what you think" "Oh really?" Rosalie hissed "Then what is he?" "He is a vampire" Edward said "But he isn't here to hurt us. His name is Samuel" "Yeah, Rose" Emmett said "He is like Alice, he don't know who he was or how he became this" She just looked at us. Renesmee got up and walked towards us "Is that why he wants Rosemary?" "Yes" I said as I walked over and hugged her "He needs her gift to show him what happened to him" Renesmee looked at Rosemary who was in Rosalie's arms then she looked at Samuel. "Alright" she said as she went to get Rosemary" Renesmee walked back over to us with Rosemary in her arms. Rosemary hid her face from Samuel, she was always shy around new people. "Rosemary" Carlisle said "This is Samuel. He needs your help" Rosemary looked up at Samuel then at Carlisle "With what?" she asked Carlisle smiled "He needs you to show him how he died" he said. Rosemary looked at all of us then at Samuel, Renesmee walked her over to Samuel and placed her in the floor in front of him.

Samuel bent down so he was level with Rosemary. She smiled at him the gently touched his face. You could see the look in his face that it was working, whatever he was seeing scared him. He was terrified of what was happening. Edward had a awful look on his face as he could hear his thoughts. He knew what he was seeing, and it didn't seem good. After she showed him everything she look a step back, Samuel didn't move. "Are you alright?" Esme asked as she walked towards him. He just looked at her. "What happened?" Jacob asked looking confused. "What she showed him was very disturbing" Edward said as he helped Samuel up. Samuel still didn't say anything, he was in shock. Edward helped him over to the couch and sat him down. We all just stood there looking at him.

"What happened?" Carlisle asked with a great deal of concern. Edward walked over towards us and whispered "He seen who killed him" "Who was it?" I asked Edward looked at me and said "Caius" we were all shocked "What? Why?" I asked. "From what I seen it had something to do with Samuel being in love with Jane " We all looked at him speechless. "Are you serious?" Rosalie asked with a hiss "How could anyone love her?" Edward looked over at Samuel then back at us. "He didn't know what she was, and when he found out he freaked out" Edward continued "So in order to protect their secret Caius turned him, that way if he exposed them he would expose himself and be killed before they were.and he is only 15" "But that don't make sense" Esme said "Why don't he remember anything?" Edward looked at Esme "I'm not sure, it had something to do with the way they turned him" We were all confused, apparently this man was in love with Jane at one time, and he was only 15.

We didn't know what to think, we went over and sat with Samuel. "Samuel?" Carlisle said "Are you alright son" Samuel looked at Carlisle "How could this be?" Samuel said "I loved her" Samuel looked as if he could cry, he looked shattered. "What happened?" Esme asked "I don't know" Samuel said "I remember wanting Jane to run away with me and she said she belonged to someone, said she had a job to do" We just looked at him as he continued "She said she was meant to be where she was, that she was special. I didn't know what she meant until I seen her kill that innocent women. She said she did it to live" We looked at one another, Jane had killed someone in front of a human. But why didn't Caius just kill him? why did he turn him, was it to make him suffer cause he would go for eternity without Jane or was there another reason. None of us could make any sense of the reasoning.