Chapter 39: Confrontation of Power

It has been a few months since Samuel came around, he sits around quiet most of the time. We didn't want to make him tell us what happened, we figured if he wanted to talk then he would. We did our normal things, Esme and Mom did alot of babysitting. Esme had Masen who was running around the house all the time and Mom would watch Rosemary and Anthony alot. Renesmee was usually there too but mom liked doing the stuff for them. Rosemary was so smart, she was walking but she could already read too, and Anthony was big and mean, not mean as in mean mean but mean as in alittle meannie. He liked to pick on Masen cause they were the same size and he would wrestle around with him alot. They didn't hurt each other they just play wrestled. He reminded me so much of Jacob.

It was summer, even thought the weather was usually rainy it was still pretty nice out. We all went hunting, even Samuel. Carlisle was teaching him our way of life. He had a hard time being around my human family so he usually stayed either upstairs or in the woods. He was just a troubled person. I felt so bad for him, he was so young and had no clue as to what was going on. Edward had seen everything that Rosemary had showed him. He was in love with Jane, which is hard to believe. I mean who could love her, she is so evil and creepy.

We really weren't sure what to do with Samuel, I mean from what we know about him Caius changed him when he threatened to tell what they were. It still didn't make much sense cause usually they just killed the ones that threatened them not changed them. It made no sense whatsoever but we tried to encourage Samuel to try and make the best out of it. He wanted to go to them and confront why they did this to him, or he wanted to die and be freed of this life. He had nothing to live for he says. So we are just trying to keep him from destroying himself.

One day while Edward, Samuel and I were out hunting Samuel disappeared, we just figured he went back to the house. So after we got done we headed home. "Hey" Edward said as we walked in the house. "Hello" Carlisle said "Where's Samuel?" We just looked at him. "We thought he came back here." Edward said. "No" Carlisle replied "We haven't seen him since you all left to go hunting. Edward and I looked at each other. "I knew we should have followed him." I said feeling alittle disappointed in myself for just letting him wonder off. "Bella" Carlisle said "It's not your fault, he an adult technically so he can watch out for himself. I just hope he don't do anything drastic."

Later that evening we all decided to split up and look for him, we figured that he may be in the woods somewhere but not sure. Edward and I went north, Rosalie and Emmett went south and Jasper and Alice stayed home, Alice was looking in the future trying to see where he was. While we were out looking Alice called Edwards cell. "Really?" Edward said into the phone, "We will be right there." he hung up the phone and looked at me "Come on" he said as we ran through the forest and back to Carlisle's. When we got there we were all filled in as to what was going on. "What did you see Alice?" Carlisle asked. "I see him in Italy" she replied. That is all she had to say before we were all on our way. Esme stayed behind along with Rosalie to watch the kids.

Carlisle, Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Edward and I all headed to Italy. It didn't take to long to get there, we headed straight to the Volturi chamber. We were met at the door by Demetri and Felix. They didn't want to let us through at first until Jane said Caius wants to see the ones who found Samuel. So Demetri and Felix moved so we could come in, then they followed us down through the chambers.

Once we got to the bottom level we came up to Aro, Caius and Marcus. Off to the side was Samuel being guarded by Alec. "Well Well Well" Caius said as we walked in. "I see we have the pleasure of your company once again." He was rather sarcastic as he said this. We just stood there while Carlisle walked forward. "Hello Caius, Aro, Marcus" Carlisle said with a smile. "Hello" Aro replied. Marcus didn't say anything he just nodded. The rest of us were quiet, I made sure I put the shield around all of us, I was even able to get it around Samuel. Just in case Jane wanted to do something to him.

"Why do were have your company?" Aro asked in a questioning manner. "We are here for Samuel." Carlisle said. Aro looked at Samuel then back at Carlisle. "We did not take him, he came on his own." Aro said looking puzzled. "I know" Carlisle said "But we came to stop him from doing something foolish." "Oh really?" Aro said looking at Samuel "And what may you do that Carlisle feels he needs to protect you from?" No one said a word. It was silent for a few minutes.

No one really wanted to say what we were all thinking. Edward must have heard what they were all thinking cause he replied. "Well we know what happened to Samuel." Jane looked at Edward with a evil look, I think she was trying to hurt him but luckily I had my shield across him. She looked at me then hissed. She hated that I could block her power. "So" Caius said "What do you know?" We all looked at Edward as he stepped forward. I made sure I kept my shield with him as he began to speak. "Rosemary" he said "Our granddaughter has a gift to show a person their past and how they die." Aro looked at Edward is astonishment. He had wondered if the twins had an ability and now he knew. "Really?" Aro replied with a big smile "Fascinating" We just looked at Edward and Aro. I wasn't sure what Aro was thinking but it made a slight growl come up in Edwards throat.

"So" Caius said, interrupting Aro and Edward "What do you know?" "We know what you did." Carlisle said as he stepped forward. "We know Samuel was in love with Jane, and when he found out what she was you turned him to keep him quiet." Jane hissed as Carlisle said her name, and Caius hissed as well when his name was mentioned. Carlisle continued "We just don't understand why you would change him instead of killing him." both Samuel and Jane flinched when Carlisle mentioned killing Samuel. Obviously Jane didn't want him to die, I was beginning to figure it out little by little. Jane had tried to get Samuel to accept her for what she was. And when he didn't she must have convinced Caius to change him to show him how it feels to be scared of and judged.