Chapter 37: Ceremony & Worry

"What do you see" I asked Alice as everyone just stared at her. "I see Emmett, Edward, Carlisle and Jasper standing in the forest, they are looking at the mystery vampire. He has his back to them, I don't think he knows they are there" Alice replied. "Can you see what Edward is hearing?" I asked. Alice was silent for a minute "No I can't" she said in a frustrated tone. We were almost home when Alice shouted "He is after Rosemary!" Rosalie slammed on the brakes and we sat in the middle of the road. "What do you mean he is after Rosemary?" Rosalie asked with a hiss. Alice looked at all of us "I can see a male vampire and he is looking for Rosemary" "Why?" Esme asked. Alice blanked out then said "I can't see why" I called Renesmee on her cell phone, she said they were at Emily's place. I told her to stay there. Rosalie turned the car around and headed to La Push to tell Renesmee. On the way I called Edward, They hadn't encountered the vampire yet so I filled him in on what Alice saw.

It didn't take us long to get to Emily's place, we went inside "Renesmee!" I shouted as we ran in. "Mom, what's wrong?" she asked looking at all of us confused. "Sit down honey" Esme said in a quiet tone. Renesmee, Esme and I sat down, Renesmee looked at us anxious "What is it?" she asked. Esme and I looked at each other then I replied "Renesmee, honey. We didn't want to worry any of you but there is a mystery vampire in the forest" Renesmee looked more confused "What does that mean?" She asked "Well" I said "Alice seen a vision of this vampire looking for Rosemary" Renesmee got a terrified look on her face "Rosemary? But why?" she asked picking Rosemary up and holding her close. "We aren't sure" Esme said "Alice can't see what he wants with her" By this time everyone was staring at us. They were all silent.

"What are we going to do?" Renesmee asked in a frantic tone. "We will protect her and you!" Rosalie said "No one will ever hurt any of you! Renesmee looked at Rosalie "Thank you" she said as Rosalie took Rosemary. We continued to discuss what to do when Jacob ran in the ran "What happened?" he asked in an upset tone. "Jacob!" Renesmee said as she jumped up and hugged Jacob. "Someone is after Rosemary" "What!" Jacob yelled as he started to shake. "Calm down Jacob" Sam said as he walked closer to Jacob. Sam was worried Jacob would phase, not thinking and hurt Renesmee. Jacob looked at him then stopped shaking. "What are we going to do?" Jacob asked. So we told Jacob everything we knew, Sam, Emily, Mom, Sarah and Sue were all there so they heard it all too. After we were done Mom, Sarah and Sue looked terrified. "Mom" I said "Everything will be alright" I hugged mom then I hugged Sue and told her the same thing.

As we sat around talking I said "We should cancel the renewing of the vows" Alice, Rosalie and Renesmee just looked at me. "What?" I asked "Don't you think we should be concentrating on protecting Renesmee and the twins instead of some pointless ceremony?" They just looked at me, I wanted to do the ceremony but I wanted to keep my babies safe more. "Bella's right" Esme said breaking the silence. "No" Renesmee replied "I won't have you change your plans just because of me" "Renesmee" I started "No, mom" she said "You can do both, we will go on with the ceremony and you can protect us too" Everyone was silent for awhile then finally I said "Alright Renesmee, you win" Renesmee hugged me and Rosalie and Alice signed in relief.

The ceremony was next week and we still had some work to do, I made Renesmee, Jacob and the twins stay at Carlisle's until we were able to take care of the threat. Carlisle and Esme we always happy to have them. Esme helped with the twins and Masen loved having his playmates stay the night. Edward and I were coming up with a plan with the rest of the family. Mom had told Phil, and Sue told Charlie. So everyone knew, and of course Charlie wanted to use the law to help. But in this case it wasn't possible, I mean how do you arrest a vampire?

We spent the week getting everything ready for the ceremony as well as protecting Renesmee and the twins. Jacob and the wolf pack were constantly on the lookout as was Emmett, Jasper and Edward. I was worried that something was going to happen, I just hope it wasn't during the ceremony. It was bad enough there was someone after Rosemary, but if he ruins the ceremony I just know Alice and Rosalie will kill him before we find out why.

Well it was the day of the ceremony, Mom and Sue were going to decorate while we got ready. It didn't take me long at all but Rosalie and Alice took forever. I love them to death but man to they take forever getting ready. I stood beside Edward and Emmett and Jasper just laugh about them taking long to get ready. "That is how they are" Emmett said "Yeah" Jasper replied "It is natural for them to take forever" Edward laughed "Well" he said "I'm glad mine is simple" then he gave me a kiss. I think if I could blush I would have. It took Rosalie and Alice an hour to get ready then finally they came downstairs. Esme and Carlisle were standing in front of them room, Renesmee, Jacob, Emily, Sam, Mom, Phil Charlie, Sue and Sarah were all sitting in the living room with the kids. And the other wolves were on the lookout for the mystery vampire.

Edward, Jasper and Emmett escorted Alice, Rosalie and I to the front of the room where Carlisle and Esme stood. Carlisle was going to do the ceremony. It didn't take long for Carlisle to do it, he asked the guys to repeat after him then he asked us girls to do the same. "I know re-pronounce you man and wife" He said "You may kiss your bride" So of course Edward and I kissed as did Alice and Jasper and Rosalie and Emmett.

It was a fun ceremony, after wards there was food for the human guests. All of us who didn't eat stood around talking about what we were going to do about the threat. "Why don't we just find him and kill him" Emmett said "Because" Edward replied "We need to know why he wants Rosemary"

So once everything was back to normal we focused mainly on finding the mystery vampire, we knew he was hiding a a shack in the woods but we had to be careful not to get to close. Not until we are sure what we are going to do, Edward and Carlisle want to find out information of why he wants Rosemary and the others just want to kill him. I am torn between them, I want to know why but I also don't want to give him a chance to hurt any of us.

We all couldn't leave at once we had to go in shifts, he had to make sure Renesmee and the twins were well protected so Jacob, Sam, Rosalie and Esme stayed with them and the rest of us went on the hunt. We took Alice and Jasper with us cause of their gifts. Alice can warn us of what the vampire decides to do and Jasper can try to calm him if it needs be.

So we all headed through the forest, we were quiet as we could be, which is pretty quiet. But for vampires it is easier to hear so we still couldn't get to close. If he can see visions of Rosemary he may see them of us as well. We were about 50 feet from the shack, we all stood there while Edward tried to hear the thoughts from inside, if there was any. No one said a word while Edward listened. "I hear him" Edward said "What's he thinking?" Carlisle asked. Edward stood there for a second then replied "He knows we are here" We all looked at each other "Now what?" Jasper asked. "We have to confront him" Alice said as she was about half dazed "He is waiting for us" We all looked at Alice then at Carlisle "Do we fight?" Emmett asked with a booming laugh "Not yet" Carlisle said "We talk first, then if necessary we fight" So we headed towards the shack.