Page 11

"Should we go get midnight snacks?" I asked.

"Yeah," Blake agreed.

"Uber or steal Griffin's car?" Bryce asked.

"Uber would take a long time. Stealing Griff's car would be super fun, but it would make a lot of noise," I said.

"I'll call the Uber then." We went to Walmart and 7-ELEVEN, getting tons of snacks. We were on the way back when Bryce got a call. "Hey, Griffin... Yeah, she's with us... She's fine, dude. Stop worrying so much." He hung up and we got back to an upset Griffin.

"No sneaking out," Griffin told me.

"You're not my dad, Griffin," I said and he muttered something before letting me go have fun. I pulled an all-nighter as well and the three of us ended up sleeping most of the day. We slept in the living room and I woke when Quinton sat on me. "What?" I asked.

"Morning," he smiled. "More like afternoon."

"Ugh!" I got up and he stood. "Carry me to my room." He laughed and lifted me to his side like a child, taking me upstairs. I was set to stand when we got to my room and I took a shower, getting ready. I played actual beer pong with Griffin. We had just finished when I got a text from Chase asking if I wanted to come over. I told the boys and Ubered there. Chase and I Jung out and as night came, there was yelling outside. I went to the balcony and the Sway boys all looked pissed off.

"Avery, let us in!" Bryce ordered.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You don't know anything! Just send Chase out! We're not gonna beat him up! Don't be a little bitch! Fucking send him out! Or we'll beat your ass!" Jaden said out of anger.

"That's still my sister!" Griffin said.

"Well, your sister is clueless, pathetic, and no better than Chase!" I felt scared again and instantly went back to my old self. I walked back in and went to Chase's room.

"Are try outside?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm not going out."

"I'm scared of Jaden and Bryce and all of them. T-They were yelling and Jaden said he'd beat me up," I cried. Chase hugged me and let me cry into him. The door slammed open and neither of us moved.

"Move," Jaden told me and I didn't let go of Chase. I felt Jaden grip me and screamed making Tayler, Ryland, and Thomas walk in.

"Let go of her!" Chase shoved Jaden and pulled me away, making me hyperventilate. Tyler, Ryland, and Thomas pulled me away and Bryce acted like he was gonna attack me. I whimpered and Tayler shoved him.

"Are you scared?" Josh pouted and mocked me.

"Pussy. Want some cat food?" Bryce asked and I quickly followed Ryland. A while passed and Sway was leaving. Griffin pulled me forcefully and we went back. I didn't speak to anyone and not even Quinton. I locked myself in my room for two days and no one knocked. One night, there was a knock and I opened the door. Blake pushed the door even more open and pulled me down the stairs. I was shaking and the boys all looked at me. The bell rang and Josh opened it to find a man in a suit.

"May I come in?" The man asked and just stepped in. "I'm Gary Fritz and I'm part of Child services. If I'm correct, you, Miss Johnson, are 16. Not a registered adult yet. May my friends come in?"

"Yeah..." Noah said. Chase and his parents walked in and the boys glared at him.

"My client says that she isn't safe here. And he'd like her to move in with him."

"She's perfectly safe," Josh stated.

"Really? Well... men with tattoos that look like they're part of biker gangs don't look safe. Not to mention a couple of you got arrested in Texas."

"Trust us. She's safe," Jaden hissed.

"Mr. Hudson is 18 and can be a guardian."

"No. No, no, no. I'm her biological brother!" Griffin said. "And he has two tattoos too!"

"Let me see," Mr. Fritz said. Chase showed him and it had no affect. "This clipboard has a contract that states that for 6 months, she will be taken care of Mr. and Mrs. Hudson and her stepbrother will be Chase. The 4 of them have to sign this." Chase and his parents signed and Sway stared at me, telling me not to sign it. I signed anyway and grabbed Chase's hand, pulling him to my room. He helped me pack and I left everything any of the guys had gotten me. I didn't glance at any one of them as we left and I felt weight lift off my shoulders. Chase's parents dropped us off at the Hype House and Chase had decided I was sleeping in his room. I set up and came out of the closet just as Thomas shoved a camera in my face.

"Say something random," he said.

"Purple spagoot," I stated and he turned it off.

"Welcome... You're our new member of the house." He shook my hand and left, telling me to sleep. Chase was staying off of social media for a while and had told me about how he had kissed Nessa and posted lied about the Sway boys.

"And I'm sorry to you," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I posted saying that you were the one who deserved hate and tried to cheat on Quinton."

"It's fine. You're still amazing," I hugged him. We lied down and Chase put his arm around me. I slept peacefully and only dreamt about what Quinton was feeling.

In the morning, we ordered Postmates and were all talking and having fun. Tayler ran in with a nerf gun and started shooting people with it. Chase sent me to get him food and wouldn't come out of his room. I went to get him and me some food and a dart bounced off of a wall and nailed me in the face.

"Ow!" I yelled and held my forehead. Everyone laughed and I lightly slapped Tayler who started running away. I got two boxes and went back to Chase.

"Can you eat with me?" He asked and I nodded. We were just randomly talking and he seemed quiet. "I'm just trying to stay quiet on social media. That's all." I went live later and was sitting on his bed. He stood out of the view of the camera and suddenly kicked me in the face, pushing me off the bed.

"Ow!" I yelled. "What the fuck?" I got back up and glared at him.