Page 17

I smiled and pecked him on the lips once. He lifted me so I was koala hugging him and kissed my cheek.

"Quin?" I asked.

"Hm?" He hummed, setting me down. "Are you gonna ask me some super serious question?"

"Yeah."

"Okay..."

"When are you gonna say the three words?"

"Avery, like you said... we're young. And we barely know the meaning of love. And I wanna give it time. I don't wanna fill my heart with so much hope and then have it broken. I'm not saying you're gonna break my heart. I'm just paranoid." I nodded and he sighed. "Do you wanna go on a drive?"

"I guess." He took my keys and drove. "If you can drive, why don't you own a car?"

"Because I can't afford one."

"Want me to buy you a car?"

"No. Because I'll feel bad," he said and took my hand, kissing the top. I smiled and lied down, resting my head on his lap. He set the car on autopiolet and pet my hair. He kissed my forehead, then my nose, then pecked me on the lips. I smiled and crossed my legs. We drove a long while and I was getting nervous. We were somewhere in the mountains and I didn't know where we were going.

"Um... Where are we?" I asked. "There's no signal."

"We're in the middle of nowhere," Quinton said.

"Quin, I don't like this."

"Calm down. I know where we are."

"Well, I don't see anyone else and it's getting dark."

"Avery, chill. I promise you'll be okay." I stopped but still worried inside. Quinton took the car off auto piolet and drove. "Are you hungry?" He whispered.

"Mh-Hm." He pulled over somewhere at a Starbucks and we got snacks. I was good after that and he kept driving. I looked around and kept checking my phone, but there was no signal. We got to a dirt road and no one was around. We stopped at some looking point and were alone. Quinton parked and opened the doors. I carefully got out to see a large drop. Quinton led me to the front of the car and sat on the hood. He pulled me next to him and motioned for me to look ahead. There was a sunset and I smiled. Quinton put his arm around me and kissed me. We took a pic and we were black silhouettes. We stayed till it was dark and then headed back. Quinton decided to stop at a Chipotle and we ordered. We ate in the car and got back on track. I got a call from Chase and answered. "Hey," I said.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm out with Quinton. Why?"

"I've been trying to call and check up on you all day. You wouldn't pick up."

"There wasn't any signal. Sorry. What's up?"

"Nothing. I was just checking up on you. Griffin was pretty worried so the others were trying to calm him down. Just saying, he might murder Quinton when you get back."

"I'll give him a heads up, then," I said.

"Okay. When will you be back?" Chase asked.

"Um... Really late. Around midnight maybe later in the morning."

"Alright. I'll tell the others. Bye," he said.

"Bye. Love you," I said.

"Love you." He hung up and Quinton smiled.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"Griffin might kill you when we get back..." I said and he scoffed. We got back at 1 in the morning. Griffin was yelling at Quinton as I went to sleep.

In the morning, the Sway boys were passed out in the living room and I woke Quinton.

"Hi, babe," I said.

"Hi, baby," he kissed me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Can we go on another drive?" I smiled.

"No. I'm not willing to get punched by Griffin again."

"I won't let him punch you."

"Fine. We'll stop at Sway so I can change." We drove and went further into the mountains and soon got to Nevada. It was really hot and we had to charge the car for 9 hours. We walked around for a while and then Quinton looked at the time. "We're staying the night here," he smiled.

"What? No," I shook my head.

"Mh-Hm."

"No. I don't want to. No, please."

"Yes. We won't make it back to Cali till about 9 in the morning tomorrow. I'll just book a hotel."

"But..."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm scared."

"You know I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, right." I nodded and he smiled. I let him book a hotel and told Chase I wouldn't be back for the night. We got to the hotel and it was plain, but I didn't mind. I collapsed on the bed and Quinton made a TikTok. I gave a peace sign in the back and he laughed. He posted it and started a late night live. I sat up and everyone was freaking out about how there was only 1 bed. I stood in the back and Quinton was on a rolling chair at the room desk. "Come sit," Quinton called me and I walked over, sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"Where are we? In Nevada. My car's probably gonna die before we get home," I said, reading comments. "'Why does Quinton use your car?' Because he doesn't have his own. I told him I'd get him a car and he said no."

"That's some David Dobrick stuff, Avery." I laughed and got up. He looked up at me with a pout and I ignored it.

"I'm tired."

"I was the one driving all day."

"False, the car was on autopiolet." He shrugged and ended the live. I lied down and he joined me, laying down so we were face to face. I smiled and he kissed me. Quinton set a hand on my thigh and moved it to push some hair off my face.

"You're amazing," he whispered.

"I know I am," I teased with a smile.

"And gorgeous, perfect... the best thing that's happened to me."

"I agree, Quin." He chuckled and I kissed him. "Can I say something and you won't get mad?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah. Of course. What is it?"

"I love you," I said and he was quiet for a minute.

"I love you too, Avery," he whispered.

The End