Chapter 15

"How did this happen?" Bheem questioned the moment he and his brothers were left alone with Panchaali in her room. His eyes focused on the bandages on her body, with every moment his anger was increasing as he looked at her injuries. How in the heaven did she get them.

Panchaali's heart thundered in her chest as she knew they are not going to like the answer, what if they did something impulsive in their anger, should she tell them the truth? "I fell?" She tried to lie, her eyes moving on the floor nervously as she whispered the lie, her fingers playing with each other.

The pandavas looked at her and than at each other than at her, she really didn't know how to lie, than he didn't understand why was she trying? Whom was she trying to protect? Their anger just blazed wilder at the thought of someone daring to touch her, "Let's try this once again princes. Who did this?" Nakul asked,his voice firm as he looked into her eyes. "Arya.." Her voice faded, Sehdev sighed, "I am going to ask you for the final time, how did this happen?" Sehdev snapped, he didn't want to get angry at her but her trying to protect the person who dared hurt her was just getting on his nerves, his hands were itching to beat someone to pulp, specifically the one who dared hurt her.

Arjun looked at each of her wounds memorizing their position, someone is going to get what they had loaned out and that too with interest. "PANCHAALI!" He snapped, her silence was just increasing his anger on the person, "Answer us!" Yudhisthir ordered, making her heart thud in her chest making her heart thud violently in her chest. She felt a hand on the back of her head making her face Karn, his face was a mask of anger, she gulped, "Who beautiful?" He whispered making her breath hitch in as her heart hammered hearing the barely leashed in anger.

"Arya..." her voice refused to work, "That's right, I am your arya, your husband, don't you think I have every right to know about it priye?" He questioned making her nod, she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind as a chin rested on her shoulder. "So who was it?" Arjun's voice had her shuddering as his breath fanned her neck.

She slowly began to tell them what had happened, anger zinged through their bodies, anger so much anger, their eyes fell on every wound on her body, their  protective sides came roaring out, how dare they? What right did they have? How dare they hurt her? Insult their wife! Humiliate her! 

"I AM GOING TO KILL THEM!" Bheem shouted angrily, his brothers nodding, she shook her head, tears rolling down her cheeks as her heart thrummed in fear as she looked at him. They moved towards their weapons, their each step screaming anger as red covered their senses,they wanted blood. How dare this people?

"Arya!" She called out as she ran in front of them, stopping their progress towards the door as she stood in between the door and them, tears rolling down her cheeks as she blocked their way out.

"Move aside Panchaali!" Bheem growled, she shook her head, "No arya please calm down." She begged, she knew what her people did was wrong but this was no way to deal with them, "Panchaali step aside!" Yudhisthir ordered, "Please arya try and understand." She pleaded, "understand what Panchaali? This people dared hurt our wife and you want us to understand? What in the heaven don't we understand?" Karn growled making her cry harder at his sharp tone, "You're our wife Panchaali, no one, not even us have the right to think about hurting you and this people? They have actually done it! And you want us to spare them? What is wrong with you woman?!" Arjun snapped as he looked at her, she cried, she didn't want them to kill anyone, she didn't want deaths in her kingdom specially at the hands of her husbands. She shook her head as she looked at them, silently pleading them but it was like nothing could stop them, their protective side was stomping down everything in its wake. "Please arya!"  She didn't know what else to say as she looked at them, Nakul and Sehdev growled, they had enough, their hearts were filled with rage they wanted to hurt them. "Move Panchaali." Nakul growled, she shook her head, her stubbornness had them gritting their teeth, Sehdev's eyes met his brothers, silently telling them to back off, right now with her here there was no way for them to go, all they were doing was hurting her. He passed his weapon to Nakul and moved towards her as he wrapped his arms around their sobbing wife,who hugged him closer, she sobbed as he ran his hand through her hair, he picked her in his arms and carried her to the bed, his eyes looked at his brothers, silently telling them to have patience that he had a plan. . .

Panchaali sat on her bed as she watched her husbands pace around the room, growling angrily. Her heart was thumping in her chest wildly as nervousness fluttered in her, as she gazed at them.

Arjun's gaze fell on his wife who was nervously fidgeting, he wanted to kill that Tejveer, he sighed as he moved towards her and sat on her one side, his arms going around her waist as he rested his head on her shoulder. Her heart thumped violently in her chest as she froze, feeling him give her a hug suddenly, slowly she relaxed as she felt him, her heart easing. She relaxed as he sighed, his lips pressed on her neck making her heart thrum in her chest.

The rest of the pandavas looked at the two, an involuntary smile appearing on their faces as they watched her sigh and lay her head sideways on Arjun. Karn was first to move and occupy her next side, his hand going around her waist too as he rested his head on her other shoulder, Nakul, Sehdev and Yudhisthir sat on the floor their heads resting on their lap as Bheem sat behind hers, his chest pressing in her back as his chin rested on her forehead.

A feeling of completion washed over all seven of them, their hearts thrumming in her chest as she looked at them. She felt complete, like all the missing pieces of the puzzle had finally fallen in its place. She smiled as her cheeks dusted red, her heart hammering in her chest with warm unknown emotions.

Karn sighed as he finally felt the void in his chest close, like he was once again whole. Almost losing her had thrown him in a hole of despair, but now that he had her, he had planned to make her as happy as possible. He had promised himself that he will give her all the joys of the world. He didn't know what it was about her that pulled her so close to her, like he was a kite and she was the string, where she pulled he moved, but she was also the one that grounded him to the earth, anchoring her making him feel the need that he had for her. Almost losing her had made him realise that he needed her like the next breath in order for him to survive. Love was not a foreign emotion to him, he loved Vrishali a lot but by the sheer intensity of his love for Panchaali, scared him to no end.

"Are you all still angry?" Yudhisthir heard her softly whisper, her soft voice soothing him,  he smiled as he looked up at her, "We aren't." He whispered, it was the truth, her close proximity soothed them like no other. She looked at him, momentarily making her forget all about herself, their touches made her breath hitch as she could feel warmth unfurl in her chest, making her feel emotions that she wasn't really sure what to make of. Tomorrow she will marry them, how is it going to be like?

The pandavas looked at their wife,they were itching to know Sehdev's plan, they needed a way to set the people of Panchaal straight and in a way that Panchaali doesn't get to know anything about it, their eyes moved to her, after all her happiness mattered the most. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***