CHAPTER 7

ZAIN'S POV

     I'm so stressed out lately, my company got a contract from the Federal government to building an estate in Lagos State for it's workers working in Lagos under Federal Airport Authorities in Nigeria (FAAN), this contract is no joke to me, all my workers have being busy running helter skelter, meeting here and there in other to not disappoint the government even though this is not the first contract we are getting from the government but this is the biggest as the estate is going to contain a maximum of 60 buildings and each house is going to be a two story building. It's a contract worth billions of naira as the estate is only meant for the higher class workers.

    I was going through a file when I heard a knock on the door, "come in", I said not looking up to see who it was.

"Sir here is the file from the project department, it's the project of the Lagos State estate budget", Lara my secretary said handling me the file.

I opened the file scanning it when I asked "what time is my meeting with Alhaji Dikko?"

"By 1pm sir, I made a reservation for you at Bukka restaurant, you will be having lunch with him", she answered politely.

She sure knows how to behave herself in front of me, if not I won't think twice about firing her. I checked my watch and it's 12:30pm already.

"I will be meeting him in 30minutes, tell my chauffeur to get the car ready, I will be down in a jiffy, and again make a copy of this file", I said giving her the project of the Lagos State budget which I signed so it can be taking to the financial department.

"Take it to the accountant of the financial department and tell him to deposit whatever amount he sees there to the project manager".

"Ok sir. Is that all?", She asked and I shook my head indicating that's all while I made a sign with my hand for her to leave the office after I picked my phone that has been ringing non stop.

"Ummi na (my own mother)", I said through the phone while caressing my forehead with my hands. I'm having a serious headache due to all the work load and my mom isn't making it any better.

"Son, I just call to remind you that you will be meeting Jaudah today, so make sure you come back home early", she said.

Why are they trying to force me on this Jaudah of a girl, for the past week all I've been hearing from my family is Jaudah Jaudah Jaudah, and to say I detest the name is an understatement.

I only met her once when we went for a visit to their house and now that one visit is trying to change my life. Had it been my mom didn't meet Jaudah that day she wouldn't have thought of making me woo that Jaudah of a girl, besides she's too lame for my liking and my mom is trying to get me married to her.

I've been busy to the extent that I forget about the Jaudah girl but now my mom has to remind me of her again.

"Are you there son?", I heard my mom's voice from the other side of the phone.

"Yes Ummi, I will be back early", I said still caressing my forehead.

"I want you home early, and by early I mean by 4pm, If you her not home by 4 trust me I come and drag you out of that company of yours", she threatened.

I sighed knowing my mom is capable of doing that.

"Ummi I will be home early Inshallah, tell Fareeda to get ready before I come home because she will be escorting me", I said hoping Ummi will agree.

"Fareeda won't escort you, be a man, you can call one of your friends to escort you", she said hanging the phone on me. I sighed while putting down the phone on my desk and getting up to go meet Alhaji Dikko.