(Seina's POV)
When I left my classroom at the end of the day Kyoya was waiting outside. I gave Haruhi an apologetic smile. 'Go on without me. I'll see you tomorrow.'
'Ok. Bye.'
'Bye.' I walked a little further down the corridor, putting some distance between us and the classroom door. 'Can I help you with something Kyoya?' I asked politely.
He pushed his glasses up his nose. 'Seina, I didn't realise how important Christmas was to you. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I offered you my father's world view rather than my own. It wasn't my intention to offend you.'
I sighed. 'I know that Kyoya but I am engaged to you. Not your father...Thank god.'
He took my forearms and drew me closer. 'You know, I was going to invite you to spend the winter holidays at one of my family's resorts. Beautiful scenery, warm beds, cabins with log fires, hot springs...' A small smile crept on to my face as I envisioned his plans. It did sound nice. Really nice. He smirked at the blush on my cheeks. 'So...? Would you like to go?'
I considered him carefully. 'I was going to invite you to spend Christmas at my home, with my family.'
'With your Uncle?'
'No. At my home here in Tokyo.'
'Are you sure you wouldn't rather a trip to my family's resort?'
'Am I sure I don't want to die at Christmas? Hmm...yes strangely I am sure.'
'Seina. I can assure you that you would be perfectly safe.'
'Really?'
'Yes.'
'No being boiled alive? No knife wielding monkeys? No-'
'Seina. No and no and no.'
'Maybe next year then.'
'Ok. Then I will spend Christmas with your family. On one condition.'
'What?' I asked suspiciously.
'I get to take you out on Christmas Eve.'
'You want to take me on a date?'
He frowned. 'Yes, is that really so surprising?'
I smiled. 'That sounds perfect. Thank you Kyoya.'

'Seina!' I barely had chance to get out the way as the snowball came flying past my ear and hit the wall barely a centimetre from my head. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at the twins who both immediately hung their heads, shamefaced. Feigning anger, I walked between them, as if storming away but instead crouching to pick up two handfuls of snow. I then unceremoniously dumped the snow down the back of their coats.
'Ahhhhhh!' They screamed simultaneously, frantically scrabbling at their collars.
'Seina! Not cool!'
'You monster!'
'Have you no heart!?'
A heartbeat later and snowballs were flying everywhere as we engaged in a furious battle across the courtyard. Although I had better coordination and stamina there was still two of them and only one of me. Yet when we finally called it a day all three of us were equally cold and wet, our clothes sodden and our skin chapped from the cold.
'So...' Kaoru began as we made our way to our waiting cars. 'Are you and Kyoya-senpai spending Christmas together?'
'I know you talked to him.' I replied.
He exchanged a wary look with Hikaru. 'We didn't mean anything by it Seina. We were just trying to help.'
I smiled softly at my best friend. 'I know. Thank you.'
'What about me!?' Hikaru demanded.
I rolled my eyes. 'Thank you Hikaru for going along with whatever Kaoru said to you, even though you didn't know what he was talking about.'
'Rude.'
'But true.' I grinned and threw my arms around his neck, ruthlessly assaulting his damp hair till it was a spiky mess.
'Hey! Seina! Enough! Kaoru help!' His twin simply laughed at us, still heading for the cars.

I was in my room with my maid, making the final adjustments to my outfit when the doorbell rang. My heartbeat gave a small jolt as I took one final look in the mirror. I was wearing a dress in deep emerald green satin with a waistband of black velvet and small, black velvet pumps to match. 'You look beautiful Seina-sama. I'm sure your fiancé will be pleased.'
'Thank you Yuki-san. You're excused.' The girl bowed and left. I followed half a second later.
'Don't you think that's a bit much? It's just a date.' Tatsuo complained, peeling off the wall on the other side of the corridor.
'I look fantastic.'
'I'm not denying that but how are you going to top that dress?'
'You'll just have to wait and see.' I replied smugly heading for the living room.
Kyoya was stood by the Christmas tree while a group of unfamiliar maids stacked presents underneath, directed by my mother. He was wearing dress trousers and a white shirt but had foregone a suit jacket. He looked very handsome. His lips tugged upwards into a smile as he caught sight of me and our eyes met.
'Seina you certainly took your time.' My mother said airily, glancing between me and Kyoya with a knowing smile. 'She's been in her room dressing up for you all afternoon!' I made an outraged noise, my cheeks burning.
Kyoya only smirked at me. 'Well Seina, that was hardly necessary for my sake but you do look beautiful.' He crossed the room towards me and lifted my hand to his lips and I tried to regain control of the blush threatening to spread across my face.
'Aww. What a gentleman.' My mother cried as he straightened back up. 'Seina have you seen all the gifts that Kyoya-kun brought for everyone?'
'Those are all from you?' I gasped at the stacks of presents.
'Of course. It would be disgraceful to attend Christmas empty handed.'
'Of course.' I repeated for lack of a better response.
'Well, I better go see how dinner is getting along.' My mother announced. 'Please Kyoya-kun do make yourself at home. I'll see you both when you get back. Excuse me.' And with that, she was gone.
'Shall we be going?' Kyoya asked nodding in the direction of the entrance hall.
'I think so.'