You might be gold but I love Silver.

Start from the beginning

"A beautiful rose for a handsome man like you, I'm Jace by the way. Johnathan is too old fashioned." Jace gave Magnus his best smile, held his hand, and pecked the back of it as he tucked the rose in Magnus' jackets pocket. Magnus resisted the urge to roll his eyes, but gave him a tight-lipped smile and withdrew his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Johnathan." Magnus said, already feeling the negative aura of the environment, which shouldn't belong in a beautiful place like this. He was glancing around the house when his eyes fell on someone standing by the wall cabinet peeking at them.

"Who's that?" He asked but frowned when he noticed everyone's smile fading a little, especially Maryse and Roberts.

"Alec! Come here and greet our guest!" Robert spoke authoritatively and dominantly, making the man shiver, who was shuffling on his feet. Even Magnus felt the strong dominance in Robert's tone, making him realise he wasn't just a political strong man but also a control freak.

Alec walked towards the family and bowed his head towards Magnus. "I... I'm... Alexa... Alec! I'm Alec. N..nice to.. meet you." He stuttered and glanced at Magnus from the corner of his eyes.

"Alec lives with us, Magnus." Maryse forced a smile. "He needed a shelter so we let him live with us. More like a helping hand."

"Oh," Magnus smiled but he was certain he heard something like 'or more like a good for nothing burden'. He turned towards Alec and gave him a warm smile. "Hi." He spoke softly and looked at his beautiful features. The man was taller than him and had the most beautiful sapphire blue eyes he had ever seen. But to his surprise, he resembled more to Izzy than Jace did, perking up his curiosity.

Alec smiled back but it didn't reach his eyes, and Magnus noticed the dullness and sadness in them like they were completely dead.

"Alec!" Robert said in a firm voice making the man turn towards him. "Show our guest his room! And make sure he doesn't face any problem."

"Y..yes, sir."

"Can I do it instead, dad?" Jace asked enthusiastically, sending a wink towards Magnus.

"Of course!" Robert smiled then turned towards Alec who was looking at the floor like he knew what he was about to say. He sighed, still forcing a smile. "Learn from him, look how enthusiastic and cheerful he is, and you! Go and wait in my office, now leave!"

Alec gulped as tears shined in his eyes, he turned around and walked inside. Magnus saw him leaving and something inside him told him to run towards that broken soul and hold him in his arms. He shook that feeling, what got into him suddenly he had no idea.

"The dinner will be ready in a few hours." Maryse spoke, dipping sweetness into her otherwise flat tone. "You can go and freshen up, Magnus. Jace, show him his room."

"Sure, mom. Come on, Magnus." Jace said in a seductive way making Magnus cringe. He glanced towards Isabelle who was grinning, shoving him towards her brother making him roll his eyes.

As Magnus was walking towards his room with Jace, he felt the man touching him again and again in an intimate way, but he kept shoving his hands, hinting that he's not interested but Jace seemed stubborn like a brick.

"This is your room, Mags! That's the washroom, you can freshen up, call me if you need anything, I'm one door away."

"I can tell my best friend, thank you very much!" Magnus stated as he rolled his eyes, ignoring the way Jace said his name, then closed the door and fell on the bed, sighing with relief.

________________

*Dinner time*

Magnus was sitting beside Izzy on the dinner table, the Heads of the house were on the main chairs, Alec was sitting far from them, his eyes were puffy like he had cried continuously and Jace was nowhere to be found.