✧ Chapter 22 ✧

You left that hospital room decided.

You didn't wanna be just Hoseok's friend anymore. The next time you met his mother, you wanted to be introduced as his girlfriend. And there was only one way to do that.

"Jimin, can we go somewhere before going home?"

"Yeah, sure. Where do you wanna go?"

"To the courthouse"

||

"Well, since you have marital assets, you will need a lawyer. Luckily since you have no children, the process will be much faster"

"Oh, do you have any idea of how long it'll take?" You asked, fidgeting with your wedding band.

"I don't, hence why we need to take a closer look at all this with both yours and your husband's lawyer."

"Oh, ok..." That would be a problem.

Knowing Taehyung for as long as you knew him, you just knew he would make everything ten times harder. To top that, he was a lawyer himself, he knew better than you what to do in a situation like this, to always come out of it winning.

"But don't worry yet, just get the papers signed first, and we'll take it a step at a time" The woman said, reaching out to hold your hand comfortingly.

||

"So, how did it go?" Jimin asked, as soon as you entered the car.

He had been nervously waiting outside, hoping you could solve everything to finally move on and be happy.

"I mean, it was easy to get the papers, but I still need to face Taehyung in court, to try and come to an agreement about the assets."

"Well, whatever you need, you know you can count on me." He hugged you. He had grown close to you, and the fact that you and his best friend were dating made him happy.

Jimin couldn't think of a better match to Hoseok.

"I know Jimin, thank you for being such a sweetheart."

And with that, you left to the place you least wanted to see.

||

You were hiding your face. Everyone in this place knew who you were, and were also very aware of what your husband was doing to you.

You were also now aware that the woman he was cheating on you with, worked here.

Walking around this place wasn't pleasant under normal circumstances, let alone now, that you felt like everyone was watching you, to then snitch to your husband.

But you had to do it. You had to get the best lawyer you knew, before anyone else could.

*Knock, knock*

"You can come in" The deep voice on the other side spoke. You obeyed, and quickly entered the room.

"Oh, Y/N! What brings you here? If you're looking for Taehyung, I think he's in his office right now."

"I'm not here for Taehyung, I'm here for you Namjoon."

"That's new! Hm, well, what can I help you with?"

You didn't answer, simply put the divorce papers on top of his desk.

"Oh, Y/N! I'm so sorry things turned out this way!"

"Don't be, this has to be done"

"Let me guess, you want me to represent you when dividing marital assets?"

"Exactly."

"Well, it would be my pleasure!"

"Thank you. I know this must be a hard choice for you, since you've known him since forever."

"It would be a though choice, if he hadn't done anything wrong. But I know he's no saint. I stand on the right side."

"I appreciate, but I'm no saint either..."

"What do you mean?" He leaned forward on his desk, looking you dead in the eye, serious as ever.

"I might've met someone as well..."

"What!?!" Namjoon could not believe what he just heard. Were his ears deceiving him, or did you actually just admit to be cheating on your husband?

"I know, I'm stupid. But it's just things with Taehyung were long dead, and this man just values me so much! I couldn't help but fall in love! Help me Namjoon, I don't know what I'm doing anymore."

"Did you try marriage counseling?"

"I suggested, he said it was a waste of time."

"I'm sorry... I know what he's been doing and never said a thing..." I hurt you to think that Namjoon felt more guilty about all this, then your own husband ever did.

"Please, don't beat yourself up over it. It was not your place, he was the one that needed to come clean. You did nothing wrong Namjoon!"

"I know, it's just that I feel like I could've done something"

"You're doing now, by agreeing to represent me!"

"Don't worry Y/N, I'll make sure you get through this." He said, flashing you one of his dimpled smiles.

||

After talking to Namjoon you felt like you needed to deliver the good news to Hoseok.

He was still at the hospital, but had been cleared, and was coming back home today, you and Jimin were going to pick him up.

"Hey Hobi!"

"Hey, what happened? You seem happier!"

"Well, I've got some good news!"

"We're pregnant?" He asked, his eyes full of hope.

"No!! I just fi- wait what?"

Did you just hear that one right? Not only was that the first thing that crossed his mind, but he also used "We're" instead of "you're". He was always so supportive, that this actually kinda made you want a baby right now.

"I asked if we were having a baby" he repeated every word slowly, trying to see where did he say something wrong.

"We're not... But would you think of that as good news?" Right now your face looked like Hobi's favorite emoji. But you couldn't help it, he melted your heart.

"Of course I would, I've always loved kids!"

"Oh baby, come here!" You said, going for a hug.

The hug went on for a long time. Both silent, just enjoying each other's embrace. But Hoseok still wanted an answer, and was more curious than ever.

"Ok, so, if we're not having a baby, then what's the good news?"

"I filled the divorce papers today!!"

__________________♥_________________

So, another update, just cause I felt like it.

Actually failed my dance test today, and wanted to do something to cheer myself up so I wrote this.

Anyway, hope you liked it, hope it wasn't too boring, but it was needed.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment!! ✨