It was to be small function, limited to the two families, and basically was just to fix this rishta up.

If someone woukd've asked me four months ago if I was going to be married while I'm in my hometown, I might've slapped the person.

But here I am, bride of the day.

Zara's wedding was still pending, and it was a mini joke between us, how I came for her wedding but ended up getting engaged myself.

Our weddings were still a long way to go, but hey, we're both engaged.

And yet again, life bought the two of us on the same chapter.

Mamma walked inside the room and looked at me for a good five minutes before taking in a deep breath,

"I'm not ready for this."

I laughed at my mother,

"Momma, I'm the bride! I should be saying this!"

My mother smiled at me, "You'll know when you have a daughter. Ya Allah, are you girls done dolling up my doll?"

I scrunched my nose but said nothing as my mother kissed my forhead, muttering a mashaAllah unde rher breath as Wareesha clung onto her,

"I'm so excited!"

I chuckled and shook my head while my mother turned around to where Chachi was holding the heavily embroidered with zardozi work dupatta of my dress.

I'd kept my jewellery minimal, with tradition white studded diamond jhumkas, with a baby pink hanging at the end, which came with a matching choker necklace, stiff around my neck. The maang-tika hung onto my forehead delicately, the losely hanging strands of my hair entrancing the over all look.

I refused to wear any bangles and opted instead for a dark red rose flower bracelet, which was induced with small white baby jasmines randomly.

I was wearing an ivory white lehenga, with baby pink zardozi flowers all over the net lehenga and a heavy border.

Momma adjusted it on my side before taking hold of the dupatta from behind my back and gently placing it on the top of my head.

The girls all stepped back and looked at me with expressions of awe as my mother and chachi read duaas and blew over me. It was to protect me from evil eye.

"MashaAllah, I still can't believe, of all my daughters, Naysha's the first one getting married."

I shook my head at mamma's comment,

"Mom, please don't make me cry."

"Oh, just wait till let your father sees you."

I let her comment slide as Chachijaan, Zara and Ahad's mother, looked at my mom,

"And Bhabhi, don't worry about Naysha being the first. Another wedding is not far."

Her gaze flickered to Arisha and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing as Zara nudged Arisha,

"Ohoo, kya baat hai didijaan!"

I laughed out loud as Wareesha said that, and Zara grinned.

She was just about to say something when Ahad's voice boomed from the doorway, which worsened the redness on Arisha's face.

"Ahem, can we come in?"

Zara leaned in ahead and answered her brother,

"Yeah, Ahad. Come in!"

She chuckled and Arisha covered her face, as the men amd dadijaan entered the room.

Rahim was the first to comment,