Chapter 36

Two Days Later

Lucky's POV

AC and I woke up, and today now we are able to be discharged. They had to do more things for AC's leg to heal, and they were still monitoring me, and they said we are ready to be discharged. I feel bad for AC, her leg was already starting to get better, but now it has only got worse. She can't really put too much pressure on her leg, so they said to be safe she must use the wheelchair. If she puts her entire weight on her two legs, she can end up making her leg worse.

I can't imagine going around the house in a wheelchair. That must be extremely difficult. Also doing some certain things like showering. I don't want imagine how that will go.

I woke up before AC this time, the last two days she was up before me, but that was only because I think I was up later than he her. Turns out when you go to sleep, you can end up about thinking of more stuff to not let you sleep then stuff that are suppose to help you sleep.

I ended up thinking about my life again. How was it, and what exactly happened. There's only so much I can think about, and how much of it was true or if any of what I am thinking of is true.

I feel like though that there is a puzzle piece to AC that is missing and I don't know what it is. It's a missing piece that I can't solve. I have a feeling though I will be able to figure it out eventually.

I feel okay now, AC must feel worse. I'm going to really need to help her out at school. It's not going to be the same as her using her crutches, I'll probably be pushing her around in the wheelchair.

"You're up already Lucky?" I heard AC's voice say.

"Oh yeah, morning AC." I replied.

"Good morning Lucky, you woke up earlier than me this time."

"Told you I'd be up before you at least one of the days."

"On the last day. Today were going to be discharged."

"Finally, it felt like weeks with nothing to do here."

"To be honest, after the doctor checks on us one last time, we can finally go home."

"When do you think the doctor will be here?"

"I think late afternoon. It's too early in the morning anyways for the doc to check in anyways."

"Yeah, good idea. We'll just have to wait till then."

4:00 PM

The doctor just came in through the doors, both our parents are here, we're all ready to go home now.

"Good afternoon everybody." The doctor said.

"Good afternoon Doc." We replied.

"I'm sure you're both ready to go home."

"Yep, we are." AC said.

"Alright, I just need to do one last test for the both of you, then you guys can be discharged and on your way."

"Okay." We said.

Some nurses moved our beds to a different room, they were doing one last check up on us, and we should be good to go after.

They finished their check ups on me, they said I'm okay, and good to go. They rolled my bed back into the room, and finally I can go home.

AC got rolled back into the room, but I noticed her facial expression, and that didn't seem like a good thing.

The doctor walked in right after the nurses rolled in her bed.

"Well, I'm finished with my check ups, Mr. Ancheta is good to go, but Ms. Bonifacio, you will have to stay one extra day because your bone needs one more day to heal before it is stable enough to put a little bit of pressure on it. Though it will take weeks before it is normal again."

"Yes doctor." AC sighed.

"I know you want to go home, but it's better to stay one more day here, then coming back here and staying another week." The doctor replied.

"Okay."

The doctor and my parents went outside, they are going to get the discharge papers ready so that I can be discharged. Though, I don't think I can go home.

Sure I can, but I can't just leave AC by herself here alone. It doesn't feel right, and she will be lonely. I'm going to try and convince my parents to see if I can stay here to keep AC company than going home.

"Okay Lucky, you're discharged now. You can come home now." My parents said as they came back in the room.

"Alright, but is it fine if I stay here?" I asked.

"Oh? Why?"

"AC will be by herself here and I don't want to leave her alone here."

"I'm okay Lucky, thank you for offering to stay, but you should go home." AC said.

"No, I can't leave you here, we've been both staying by each other's side, and I don't want  to just abandon you now. I'd feel ashamed if I had left you here."

"You can stay Lucky, you're right, being in the hospital alone can be quite lonely." My dad said.

"Thank you!" I told them and hugged them.

"No problem Anak. We'll be going soon, we have to be getting to work early tomorrow. Here's your clothes for you to change out of the hospital gown."

"Thank you."

After a couple more minutes of conversations, everyone left and I was discharged, but I decided to stay with AC. I changed into the clothes my parents brought me. AC has been silent for a bit.

"What's on your mind AC?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just why would you stay with me? Don't you want to go home already?" She asked.

"Why? You don't like the company?"

"No, that's not what I mean't, it's just why stay with me rather than going home?"

"I said it already didn't I? I don't want you to be lonely here, I know you are also disappointed that you want to go home, but you have to stay one more night, so I thought how about we both go home at the same time, because I would hate to abandon you."

"That's very thoughtful of you Lucky. Thank you, and sorry if I seemed like I was annoyed or angry with you. I just didn't really know what to say."

"It's okay, were you actually annoyed at me though?"

"No, just didn't know what to say."

"Okay, well let's get some rest so that we can go home tomorrow."

"Yeah, good night Lucky."

"Good night AC."

End of chapter, thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!